Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Monk Sacked - Edit Gary Monk, not some Monk from an Abbott or Monastery

2»

Comments

• Options
    Unlike our lot, post Curbs, the Swans have consistently seemed to make the right hire em and fire em decisions
  • Options
    When we get relegated he could always cover at CB after all we had Doherty and Daily and that worked a treat.
  • Options
    brendan rodgers to go back there?
  • Options
    No way he'll come anywhere near us
  • Options
    Sorry had to add that clarification it was Gary Monk. Might be some concerned relative or friends of a monk who are members, accidentally come on here thinking 'is that the monk I know, oh must call brother Edwin and make sure he's ok'. Lifer calls brother Edwin, brother Edwin panics and breaks his vow of silence and actually gets kicked out.
  • Options
    Or Monk Fish
  • Options
    seems that he was a victim of 'player power', he lost the proverbial dressing room, and Laudrup, his predecessor had the same problem
    There was a story in the Times on Monday that Monk's captain Ashley Williams, after the loss to the Foxes last Saturday, a long time after the game was over, had to be restrained from attacking Mahrez who'd just scored a hat trick. Evidently Williams was effing and blinding about getting onto the Leicester coach and having it out with Mahrez. This after stewards had to literally close all the doors around the Leicester changing room to keep Williams at bay. Exciting stuff eh ((:>)
    All this after Shelvey reportedly had to be persuaded by outside influences, to take his place on the subs bench for the game on Saturday.

Seems all is not at all well in deepest west Wales
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well he didn't win the World Cup during his first two seasons at Swansea so what did he expect
  • Options
    The Classic case of someone who initially overachieves and ends up setting the bar too high more himself. Swansea have a small stadium, commercially they're hardly in a golden part of the country either.

It's much better for managerial longevity to spread your wins out more evenly, rather than having a golden patch, followed by a drought. I sure Guy Luzon agrees :smile:
  • Options
    Changes his first name from Gary to Trappist, rips off a resume to RD saying that he's a Master Brewer and coaches football a bit although he's never coached in England or at the Championship level.
    Could be in with a shout.
  • Options
    Should have taken the England job when it was offered to him........
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Riviera said:

Should have taken the England job when it was offered to him........

It has been offered to him before? Or is it just a joke?
  • Options

Changes his first name from Gary to Trappist, rips off a resume to RD saying that he's a Master Brewer and coaches football a bit although he's never coached in England or at the Championship level.
    Could be in with a shout.

You're 'avin' a Leffe!!
  • Options
    Stig said:

Rumours that Charlton Athletic planned to approach Gary Monk who was recently sacked by the Premiership's 15th placed club, Swansea City, have been denied. A source close to the club said that they are actually interested in Gerard Monnik who was recently sacked by Zwaanzee Stad who are 15th in the Antwerpen Zondag Erdivisie.

The Antwerpen Zondag Erdivisie?

C'mon do be serious... Can you seriously expect Charlton managing to tempt a Manager from that level?
  • Options

Maybe Swansea are getting into the habit of religiously changing managers every few months. I just pray they don't make the same mistakes as we do - out of the frying pan and into the friar, and it's nip and Tuck every time like Russ Abbot's madhouse.

It's enough to make me get my coat.

you could have squeezed simon church and phil chapple in while you were at it

• Options
    lolwray said:

Maybe Swansea are getting into the habit of religiously changing managers every few months. I just pray they don't make the same mistakes as we do - out of the frying pan and into the friar, and it's nip and Tuck every time like Russ Abbot's madhouse.

It's enough to make me get my coat.

you could have squeezed simon church and phil chapple in while you were at it

And Sir Christopher Robin Powell
  • Options
    An abbot is a head monk.

That is all I have to contribute.