Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Semedo Book - Win the Day

Just been watching an interview on Sheffield Live TV channel. He comes across as a decent bloke and is full of confidence. The 'you'll never get past Semedo' is very much his own view. He reminisced about how he and Ronaldo were friends from aged 10 and used to sneak into the training ground and gym at midnight to squeeze in extra sessions, with Ronaldo as striker and Semedo defending and he reckons he could always stop him. The two are reportedly best friends.

He spoke of how when we were playing at Hillsborough in his last season for us, we were winning 2-0 and he looked up at their fans when they scored and thought 'I want to play for these fans.' Sad to hear when he was still a favourite for us, but that's football. anyway he comes across as very humble and a likeable bloke. He loves it at Hillsborough and appreciated the Semedo day where all the fans wore his mask to a game. Apparently Megson said to him i want you to sign for Wednesday and i'm not accepting no! He said it was Wednesday or Doncaster so not being mean to Rovers, but come on. Sad we couldn't wouldn't try to keep him if Rovers could afford him.

Don't know much about his book but Ronaldo has written the forward.

Comments

• 135 games for us over 4 years. Pretty much always on the team sheet.
  • The same Semedo who broke down in tears when he scored at home near the end of the season?

I thought he was a decent holding midfielder for us during some really shit times. I really do wish him well as he gave everything and was our best player at times. He loves fans affection and he thrives on that.
  • It's a shame he said he would be an Addick for life and would sign a contract with us until the rest of his footballing career.

And then joined Wednesday and said all the same rubbish. Tarnished his reputation at Charlton, good luck to him though.
  • It's a shame he said he would be an Addick for life and would sign a contract with us until the rest of his footballing career.

And then joined Wednesday and said all the same rubbish. Tarnished his reputation at Charlton, good luck to him though.

http://m.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8951616.Semedo__I_want_to_stay_at_Charlton_for_life/
  • Wednesday offered him more money than us.....simple as that.
  • se9addick said:

Not sure what's a more ridiculous idea - Jose Semedo having an autobiography or Sheffield having its own dedicated TV channel.

Erm well I live here and can most definately say it's the tv channel. It makes Wayne and Garth (Waynes World) look like Royal Shakespeare Company, trained thespians. Strangely though some of the shows are very funny, in fact the music show DJ is like Wayne but with a bald head.
  • Is this the 3rd thread about his book ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    PL54 said:

Is this the 3rd thread about his book ?

Good question. How many do you make it ?
  • Maybe it's a trilogy...
  • Why were you watching Sheffield live tv?
  • Just channel hopping and saw Semedo so stopped for a listen. Not sure how wide it's coverage is. I know Radio Sheffield can be picked up 20-30 miles away.
  • se9addick said:

Not sure what's a more ridiculous idea - Jose Semedo having an autobiography or Sheffield having its own dedicated TV channel.

Seems odd at first doesn't it? But then you realise that the metropolitan area of Sheffield has about the same population as Northern Ireland. And they've got Ulster TV and more BBC staff than you can shake a stick at.
  • Just channel hopping and saw Semedo so stopped for a listen. Not sure how wide it's coverage is. I know Radio Sheffield can be picked up 20-30 miles away.

Why are people from Sheffield called dee-dahs?

Not taking the urine btw.
  • He scored for us for ffs
    Could teach our strikers a thing or too now
  • It never shocked me when he moved to Wednesday - he never shied away from a sideways move.