Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karren Brady on TV

Watching this formidable lady on TV. I hope Katrien is.

Comments

• Don't like her to be honest but at least she understands how to build communication between club and fans unlike our clueless CEO.
  • Watched this by chance. She said some very constructive things about running a football club. I was surprised by her. Well worth a watch on iplayer.
  • Fern Britton meets Baroness Brady. It was on BBC1 Sunday 10am. It was an excellent documentary.
  • Thanks for the heads-up, sounds interesting, I'll give it a watch for sure.

It won't do any good for KM to watch it. She does what's she's told, or else!

KM promised to engage with the fans last year. Before she went ahead, she mentioned it to RD and was told not to, so she just kept quiet and hoped the promise would go away.

She's been told she can't criticize any of the previous managers and can't admit to any recruitment mistakes, so she doesn't, she says what she's told to say.

She's been told to criticize Powell and some of the old guard players (who could all see the writing on the wall) for not liking what was happening, so she does.

She promised to engage with the fans on a T20k initiative and was told to make sure the group had no real power or access to information by making it a focus group. That's what it is.

Like many "distant" leaders, RD can rule from a distance because he controls his people with an iron fist and won't put up with any dissent, or else! He recruits "yes men", people who aren't strong enough to move outside the boundaries they've been given, people who desperately want to keep what they have even if they know that they are viewed as a weak joke.

It matters not whether KM watches the programme. She is there to do what RD tells her to do and say. Remember her words, "he does it his way", and so do KM, RM, KF..........
  • edited December 2015

Thanks for the heads-up, sounds interesting, I'll give it a watch for sure.

KM promised to engage with the fans last year. Before she went ahead, she mentioned it to RD and was told not to, so she just kept quiet and hoped the promise would go away.

She's been told she can't criticize any of the previous managers and can't admit to any recruitment mistakes, so she doesn't, she says what she's told to say.

She's been told to criticize Powell and some of the old guard players (who could all see the writing on the wall) for not liking what was happening, so she does.

She promised to engage with the fans on a T20k initiative and was told to make sure the group had no real power or access to information by making it a focus group. That's what it is.

Like many "distant" leaders, RD can rule from a distance because he controls his people with an iron fist and won't put up with any dissent, or else! He recruits "yes men", people who aren't strong enough to move outside the boundaries they've been given, people who desperately want to keep what they have even if they know that they are viewed as a weak joke.

It matters not whether KM watches the programme. She is there to do what RD tells her to do and say. Remember her words, "he does it his way", and so do KM, RM, KF..........

You seem pretty well informed on exactly what she can and can't say, you bugged her office?
  • Fern Britton meets Baroness Brady. It was on BBC1 Sunday 10am. It was an excellent documentary.

Karen Brady & Fern Britton? Would make a goid would ya thread.
  • Kap10 said:

You seem pretty well informed on exactly what she can and can't say, you bugged her office?
    Don't think it's too far from what has and is happening. How else can you explain the direction the club has headed since Roland's ownership?

Not even with yours!

would smash the absolute daylights out of karen brady. Twice. For twenty glorious seconds

would smash the absolute daylights out of karen brady. Twice. For twenty glorious seconds
    Does that include the glass of wine?

• Sponsored links:

Does that include the glass of wine?

The wine and the post coital fag.
  • And getting the Barry White LP out the sleeve
  • Kap10 said:

@Kap10 said:- You seem pretty well informed on exactly what she can and can't say, you bugged her office?
    Ha ha, I can't imagine she isn't smart enough to know that some of what she says is crap and is seen as crap by others, the "yes woman" hat fits her well as an explanation for this part of her attitude and behaviour.
  • Charlie, if you want to slag someone of for their views on football, please have a history of insightful views, however controversial. You seem to be a new kid on the block. Give me a chance to respect your opinions. KB's views on fans seemed spot on.
  • Charlie, if you want to slag someone of for their views on football, please have a history of insightful views, however controversial. You seem to be a new kid on the block. Give me a chance to respect your opinions. KB's views on fans seemed spot on.

You have hold of the wrong end of the stick @harveys gardener, my original comment on this thread was about KM not KB, @Kap10 was asking if it was KM's office that I had bugged.
  • Ok but this thread is about KB not KM.
  • But she also rights a load of dribble every Saturday in the paper
  • I though KB was some form of demon following the Olympic Stadium deal etc ?
  • Ok but this thread is about KB not KM.

Lol...like every thread on CL sticks to the subject!! Perhaps posting after midnight should be restricted instead :wink:
  • edited December 2015
    I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her, but she did come across very well on that interview. She's undoubtedly a good communicator, although Fern did pull her up on her 'politician's response' to the 'you're getting the OS for nothing though aren't you?' question. Also, she was more than a tad disingenuous when describing the failed bids as Boris moving the goalposts. More like a state aid challenge from the architect, you mean.

However, there's no doubt she gets the importance of the right message when it comes to the fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• And getting the Barry White LP out the sleeve

First time I've heard it called that...
  • Without her in football the likes of katrin would never been allowed to run our club
    Karren brad you have a lot to answer for?
    I now blame u for the state our clubs in!