Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Read and learn Katrien (Customer Services and how to do it properly).

edited January 2016 in Not Sports Related
Last september we turned up at the Heathrow Hilton en route to Bali to celebrate my wifes 60th birthday having booked and paid for a top floor suite and all the trimmings plus parking a year in advance. Needless to say although the room was ok it wasn't what Id booked and paid for (no champagne etc and certainly not a suite). Leaving it until we returned so not to spoil the occasion I fired off an email last october stating the problem and I had no intention of ever using their hotel chain again and asking for a refund of the balance. This was replied to within three hours and asking for my booking details, I duly sent them my details asking again for my refund. To which I received an acknowledgement, again I asked for a refund. I received a response from the duty manager stating anyone not wanting to use their hotel again their complaint is taken very seriously and they were investigating, again I asked for my refund. A reply came from the hotel manager they had completed their investigation and accepting they had made a huge mistake and asking surprising questions like. Will we be at home this weekend?
Yesterday a courier turned up at our home with a Bouquet of flowers, a bottle Champagne and a letter of apology offering our previous booking free of charge and a complete refund of all our monies.

My point is Katrien, if you want to run it like a business and treat us like customers then you need to get it right. So far theres little sign of stopping the problem escalating let alone improving the situation.
Yours Sincerely
One of many dissatisfied customers.

Comments

• You had to ask for refund 4 times and wait 4 months.

That's not brilliant.
  • That's customer service at its best
  • Nice story in lots of ways Ray :-)
  • What was the restaurant like?
  • I used Ryanair in 2014 and was delayed by 5 hours until way past midnight and transferred to an empty airport with no open shops or restaurant open. On boarding the plane I enquired as to the complimentary refreshments as per delayed passenger entitlements. The cabin crew reacted like I'd shit on her uniform and point blank refused sting I should have collected an entitlement voucher at the airport. When pointed out the airport was closed and ours was the only flight she atill didn't budge. I complained on my return to customer services and it took six emails and over six months to receive a cheque for £60. I would never use this airline again such was the poor service both on and off the plane.
  • I used Ryanair in 2014 and was delayed by 5 hours until way past midnight and transferred to an empty airport with no open shops or restaurant open. On boarding the plane I enquired as to the complimentary refreshments as per delayed passenger entitlements. The cabin crew reacted like I'd shit on her uniform and point blank refused sting I should have collected an entitlement voucher at the airport. When pointed out the airport was closed and ours was the only flight she atill didn't budge. I complained on my return to customer services and it took six emails and over six months to receive a cheque for £60. I would never use this airline again such was the poor service both on and off the plane.

We are the Ryan Air of football teams (but without the customer numbers or the business model success).