Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Article: Well Done Katrien

You have achieved something very special, something very difficult to achieve, something people far more experienced that you would struggle to do, something I didn't think we would see again. You could even put it on your CV for when you're looking for that next media opportunity or your next career move.

You've given us our Charlton back.

Maybe we lived in the past a little too much, spirit of the Valley Party and the 90s, the Curbs years, the fans' club and all that. We had a really active fan base then, proud of what it had achieved and what the club represented in the wider football world.

But that was a long time ago and let's be honest, the fan base had got a little flabby. Rested on its laurels and had got used to waiting for someone, anyone else to get things done.

But thanks to you Katrien, that has changed. You didn't want to talk about the past or our history. You wanted us to look forward. You are brilliant.

You challenged us like the inspirational leader that you are. "Are we fans or are we customers?" you said and we thought about it for a while and we answered. "We're fans again".

So take pride, Katrien, in what you have done. You brought together what had become a disparate and slightly apathetic group of "customers" and turned them back in to active, angry supporters.

I hope you are as proud of what you have done as you should be. Next time there is a demo or a protest you can turn round to Roland and proudly say "I did that, I united those fans, it was all me".

Comments

• Superb
  • This must be what she meant by 'a unique real football fan experience'.
  • edited January 2016
    But now your job here is done. You can go back to a profession for which you are trained and in which you are more likely to be competent.
  • mogodon said:

Every passing day seems to bring something to further alienate those running the club from the fans (and, judging by Henderson's rather sad interview last night, the players as well). Meire's utter cowardice by refusing to speak to anyone just provides more ammunition.

Couldnt agree more, we've got cowards at the helm.

KF is a coward for refusing the post match interview and making his goalkeeper do it (what the fuck?)

KM is a coward for remaining silent for the last month? 6 weeks? Throughout this whole situation she's hiding.
  • This must be what she meant by 'a unique real football fan experience'.

Yes, we can see it now but she saw it first. Genius.
  • edited January 2016
    The people in charge of the Club are so crap they are probably wondering if they should sack Carol or not. Nightmeire has not even been looking for a replacement she is so inept and out of her depth. How is she going to explain that despite the utter crapness of Carol that she hasn't actually bothered to look for anyone else to replace him. Poison bitch f ck off.
  • Target 30k?
  • Sponsored links:

• Great piece Henry (except for the bit about flabby!). She has certainly become a uniting influence, a skill many managers strive for through out their careers.

Anyone up for doing her a recommendation on LinkedIn?
  • She will look at that and say "yes, I knew they would eventually come around"
  • You have achieved something very special, something very difficult to achieve, something people far more experienced that you would struggle to do, something I didn't think we would see again. You could even put it on your CV for when you're looking for that next media opportunity or your next career move.

You've given us our Charlton back.

Maybe we lived in the past a little too much, spirit of the Valley Party and the 90s, the Curbs years, the fans' club and all that. We had a really active fan base then, proud of what it had achieved and what the club represented in the wider football world.

But that was a long time ago and let's be honest, the fan base had got a little flabby. Rested on its laurels and had got used to waiting for someone, anyone else to get things done.

But thanks to you Katrien, that has changed. You didn't want to talk about the past or our history. You wanted us to look forward. You are brilliant.

You challenged us like the inspiration leader that you are. "Are we fans or are we customers?" you said and we thought about it for a while and we answered. "We're fans again".

So take pride, Katrien, in what you have done. You brought together what had become a disparate and slightly apathetic group of "customers" and turned them back in to active, angry supporters.

I hope you are as proud of what you have done as you should be. Next time there is a demo or a protest you can turn round to Roland and proudly say "I did that, I united those fans, it was all me".

Flabby!, speak for yourself porky, I've been on a diet! :smile:
  • fattmatt said:

Statue of KM next to Sam Bartram?

Rubbish, melt down the Bartram statue to make a statue of KM
    Get rid of the football that Sam's holding and replace it with a life size Katrien. It will indicate how much esteem we hold our dear leader.
  • 50 likes but still no promote : - (
  • 50 likes but still no promote : - (

Aw bless you, you really tried with this one, I will give you an lol just to mix it up a bit :wink:
  • This must be what she meant by 'a unique real football fan experience'.</blockquote

I quite like a real football experience but she has magnified it and taken the experience to another level.
    Maybe she comes from the school of thought where to experience victory you have experience defeat.

• Can see where you're coming from here, I mean you only have to look at any political based thread on here and there's usually 23 pages of bickering, least at the moment fans of all mindset/age/background etc agreeing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes her work is done now, I think it is time for her to let go of the tiger's tail - she has been pulling it long enough. Oh and, basically, run!
  • edited January 2016
    Nice article Henry :-)

Yes, all round SE7 and North West Kent senior customers like me are dropping their tartan blankets, throwing their thermos flasks against the wall and crying " ENOUGH!!! LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR!!!... make that a vanilla latte to go, please!"
    We're coming for you, you bastards!!
  • And last night Jacko and Hendo reminded us of the long tradition that when key players clearly care about their club and it's supporters, that the fans get behind them 100%.
  • As I mentioned in another post, if they employed a temporary PR person (if anyone in a right mind would do that) would be better than saying nothing at all.
    Its beyond any human nature not to say anything. To leave Henderson with the task is a joke, so sadly I cant see him being at the club next year.
    Even worse perhaps moral is so low every player will want to leave, include the youth players!
  • 3blokes said:

Nice article Henry :-)

Yes, all round SE7 and North West Kent senior customers like me are dropping their tartan blankets, throwing their thermos flasks against the wall and crying " ENOUGH!!! LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR!!!... make that a vanilla latte to go, please!"
    We're coming for you, you bastards!!

I hope you didn't leave your pencil case on the shop counter.
  • Excellent post, Ben.
  • IT_Andy said:

As I mentioned in another post, if they employed a temporary PR person (if anyone in a right mind would do that) would be better than saying nothing at all.
    Its beyond any human nature not to say anything. To leave Henderson with the task is a joke, so sadly I cant see him being at the club next year.
    Even worse perhaps moral is so low every player will want to leave, include the youth players!

Are you sure they are Human?
  • She can fuck off
  • Although HI's message is bang on the money I don't think KM will get it. She doesn't get what 'being part of the club' really means. It's not something she can create; it already exists. She must learn to embrace it and work with it; not tell us how things will be. Seems to be a blind spot.

Without doubt she has served to remind everyone what 'being part of the club' is. Unfortunately for her the price of this unity is that her work at the club is probably done.
  • Target 20000 must refer to the Belgians who they aim to employ. It is probably more achievable in the short-medium term. They can even fit three on the sofa.