Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Invisible repairs

Ripper my North face waterproof this mornng , proper raging as I haven't had it very long. Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere that does the old "invisible" repairs?

Cheers folks.

Comments

• Cant see how anyone would have the vision to do a job like that
  • buckshee said:

Ripper my North face waterproof this mornng , proper raging as I haven't had it very long. Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere that does the old "invisible" repairs?

Cheers folks.

Duck tape!

Job done!
  • edited January 2016
    You know it won't be cheap don't you buckshee :neutral:
  • From their web site:
    "Damage or faults such as rips, tears, burns and holes are not covered under the terms of our warranty policy. We understand that accidents happen. In some cases, damage caused by normal wear and tear can be repaired. The North Face® Warranty Department can repair your item(s), to the best of our ability for a reasonable charge plus a nominal fee for shipping. For further information on how to return your damaged or faulty item(s) please refer to above."
  • RedChaser said:

You know it won't be cheap don't you buckshee :wink:

Yep , this is why (much like the jacket) I am ripping
  • cafcfan said:

From their web site:
    "Damage or faults such as rips, tears, burns and holes are not covered under the terms of our warranty policy. We understand that accidents happen. In some cases, damage caused by normal wear and tear can be repaired. The North Face® Warranty Department can repair your item(s), to the best of our ability for a reasonable charge plus a nominal fee for shipping. For further information on how to return your damaged or faulty item(s) please refer to above."

Top man Dan. I'll get into it straight away.
  • Is it Goretex?
  • buckshee said:

RedChaser said:

You know it won't be cheap don't you buckshee :wink:

Yep , this is why (much like the jacket) I am ripping
    I sympathise mate, if you are based up town you may want to give these people a try if nothing else just to get a quote; http://www.invisible-mending.co.uk/history.asp
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

From their web site:

You have to post it to a repairer up the north face of the Eiger tho'.
    A lot of posties have complained about that delivery though, due to a fierce St Bernard.
  • The only place you'll get a proper repair that will be waterproof again is Scottishmountaingear.com.
    About £25 plus p+p.
  • The mend is not water-tight, going out in the rain resulting in a slight dampness around the mend, but it's insignificant and doesn't concern me.

I don't know why that is funny, but it is...
  • Should have brought from man at millets
    Never had any problems with my Peter storms
  • seth plum said:

cafcfan said:

From their web site:

You have to post it to a repairer up the north face of the Eiger tho'.
    A lot of posties have complained about that delivery though, due to a fierce St Bernard.
    I hear that you're buggered when it comes to Season Ticket delivery time up there too.
  • I glued the edges of a 1" x 1" ripped section of a cycling jacket, made of 'Activent' fabric, onto a piece of iron-on fabric placed on the inside of the garment. I did the iron-on bit first, then applied a small amount of glue and pressed the ripped edges into position. After a few gentle washes by hand, the outer side of the mend had frayed a tiny bit, but the mend stayed put and the rip didn't enlarge. The mend is not water-tight, going out in the rain resulting in a slight dampness around the mend, but it's insignificant and doesn't concern me.

For waterproofness, perhaps get some tent repair tape off ebay?
  • How will you know they have repaired it if you can't see it?
  • E-cafc said:

How will you know they have repaired it if you can't see it?

Repaired what?