Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Keep live music at the Pelton Arms - petition

Many people here will know the Pelton Arms in Greenwich, and will know that due to complaints from one neighbour, who moved in after the current owners took over the pub, it's being having problems hosting live music: http://www.mercury-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115587&headline=Closure fear for music venue pub&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2016

A petition's now been launched to help keep live music at the pub: https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson-matthew-pennycook-prevent-the-pelton-arms-losing-it-s-live-music-licence-due-to-one-complaining-neighbour-0c26b4e0-3530-46a7-b4d2-1c93670ba8f6?recruiter=30854499&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Comments

• Done with pleasure
  • Signed and done.
    #KeepMusicLive
  • Done not enough live music venues left and this is one of the best.
  • edited January 2016
    I read this in the Mercury yesterday and if you read the final paragraph it appears that there is no immediate threat. Having had dealings with the councils licensing department and committee and knowing quite a few local councillors, I cannot see there being any problem here. If complaints are received the council have to go through the motions and respond but one busybody kicking up a fuss is unlikely to lead to any action.

A council spokesman said "......In recent months there have been no complaints to the council about noise from the Pelton Arms and the council has no plans to take further formal action.”

Signed anyway.
  • I don't care if I moved there after the current owners took over the pub. I will uphold my complaint.

It's my human right to have a wank in peace and quiet and I don't want loud bands putting me off my stride!!
  • Signed.

Person who complained is clearly some sort of arsehole, this sort of thing does my head in. The place has been there for years, if you're buying a new-build flat in Greenwich you can obviously afford a choice in where you live, so don't buy opposite a long, long-established pub and then turn up and moan about it.
  • Played my first and last gig here when I was 15 years old. Signed.
  • Will do, one of my favourite pubs. Am sure Vincenzo can spread the love by the excellent Deserter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Signed.
    My mate runs the Icarus Club (the acoustic night) at the Pelton, obviously they dont have an issue. But I understand that the likes of Dennis Greaves (Nine Below Zero) have already moved their music/jam nights to the White Swan Charlton.
  • No publicity is bad publicity.....signed anyway just in case.
  • edited January 2016

I don't care if I moved there after the current owners took over the pub. I will uphold my complaint.

It's my human right to have a wank in peace and quiet and I don't want loud bands putting me off my stride!!

Surely your stroke? Though presumably out of your strides.
  • Signed.