Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Iphone advice

Trusty 4s is finally giving up the ghost. Thinking about a 5s or 6 but went into iphone store today and it's all 6s or 6s plus. I'm homing in on the 6 as it's just come down in price. Any users out there who would like to opine? Is the 6 the mutts nuts or would the 6s be worth the extra money?

Cheers.

Comments

• More than happy with my 6. So much so that I've paid very little attention to the 6s so couldn't even tell you what the enhancements are.
  • edited January 2016
    6s has more RAM, higher megapixel camera (12MP rather than 8MP) and "3D touch" which senses how hard you're pressing the screen and reacts accordingly eg on the homescreen it'll open up sub-menus as though you're using a right click.

Design wise there is no difference, aside from the 6s being .2mm thicker, or something silly like that.

6 or even a 5s will still feel like a huge upgrade over a 4s but honestly, I'd suggest the 6 as the 5s is over two years old now.
  • The only major upgrade between the 6 and the 6s is 3d touch which doesn't really appeal to me that much as its just stuff you can do within an app, but that you can access by pushing down hard on the app icon.

I'm happy with my 6 and will seem like a huge leap from the 4s.
  • Nokia 5210
  • iPhone 6 is suitably fine.
  • I don't use my phone for much other than calls, emails, impromptu photos and a bit of web surfing/basic games. Other than it working a bit faster and being a bit larger, I didn't notice much difference between my old 4s and my current 5s. Mrs has the 6, but again for basic use I can't see much difference between it and the 5s aside from size/shape/weight. That said, I doubt it'll be long before the 5s starts to struggle to handle the lastest versions of iOS so seems pointless buying outdated tech imho.
  • Ta folks. Think it will be the 6.
  • edited January 2016
    At the moment when I call anyone,rather than the other persons phone ringing it goes straight to voicemail ( it's an iPhone 5) also they are not receiving texts I send , have any other lifers had this problem, and been able to sort it out?

I've googled it and tried the resetting network option, as well as turbine flight mode on and off, but too no avail.
  • Turbine flight mode sounds very Knight Rider, not sure mine does that
  • Bleeding predictive text! :-0
  • Sponsored links:

• At the moment when I call anyone,rather than the other persons phone ringing it goes straight to voicemail ( it's an iPhone 5) also they are not receiving texts I send , have any other lifers had this problem, and been able to sort it out?

I've googled it and tried the resetting network option, as well as turbine flight mode on and off, but too no avail.

Also this sounds like all your "friends" have blocked you which I obviously hope is untrue :wink:
  • Fumbluff said:

At the moment when I call anyone,rather than the other persons phone ringing it goes straight to voicemail ( it's an iPhone 5) also they are not receiving texts I send , have any other lifers had this problem, and been able to sort it out?

Also this sounds like all your "friends" have blocked you which I obviously hope is untrue :wink:
    My wife and kids have for starters!
  • If you're a techie, get the 6S. If you're not, get the 6. Apparently the lack of Ram in the 6 is infuriating.

Of course you could just get the beautiful S6 Edge Plus with 4GB ram like this wise bean did
  • edited January 2016
    Tip: Look at your front facing camera on the iPhone 6 (same side as the screen), a lot of them are misaligned. If you see a crescent moon like shape it's a manufacturing fault and a free screen swap. If yours is looking a little tired (or a bit damaged) have it swapped at Apple for free. If you are lucky they will just swap it for a new one.
  • edited January 2016
    Get an HTC. Better than the rest. I have an old Samsung S4 and it still kicks bottom.

If have approximately 10 x more money than sense get a Samsung S6.
  • Had my 6s for a week now, after my 4s. Speed is incredible and web surfing so easy as a result, compared to 4s. Spend the extra.
  • I've got the 6 plus and to be honest I don't think feature wise it's much different to the 5. I think the 6s has a few extra features but the 6 is absolutely fine, I'm not in any hurry to upgrade.
  • I've had my six since the day they came out and still find it fantastic . Usually around about this length of time into having an iPhone (I've had all the versions) I'm getting itchy feet for a new one but haven't even been looking at the rumours of what the 7 will be like.

One piece of advice though , whichever one you go for don't get a 16gb one , nowhere near enough space these days.
  • Get the Samsung S6... Love that phone
  • Have a 6 edge it's tdb
  • Sponsored links:

• In the last month of my contract I spend forever comparing specs, value for money, decide which version of the HTC m-series is the best pound-for-pound phone on the market... and then get the latest iPhone on an outrageous contract from Vodafone.

I think I'm in some kind of abusive relationship with Apple that I can't get out of.
  • Samsung S6/S6 edge are the best phones on the market by a long way. Think they are realeasing the S7 in 6 weeks too.
  • Samsung S6/S6 edge are the best phones on the market by a long way. Think they are realeasing the S7 in 6 weeks too.

I've always had my Samsung phones in black but decided to get the white version of the S6 this time.

Looks so much better as well
  • Had my 6 for over a year. Great step up from 4S and although it's nice to buy the latest, if you can get the 6 for cheaper then I'll don't think you'll be missing out on much.
  • edited January 2016
    Went from the 3S to the 4S to the 5S to the 6S. They've generally got a bit faster with a slightly bigger screen - but overall, not much change really. Camera improvements and Apple Pay on the 6. Don't like Android much (looks a bit clunky) so stick with Apple. Think it's one of those choices we make and tend to stick with.
  • edited January 2016
    The reason I don't like android is that the updates take forever to be pushed out to your phone and then when it does come, if your phone is over a year old, nothing is optimised for your older model.

With Apple, every phone gets the update immediately and they support their older models for a lot longer. That gives an iPhone a better shelf life and better resale value as well.

I can understand people's reasons for choosing Samsung/Sony/LG etc but it's not for me.
  • And the result is ..............drum roll........................,,,,,,,,,.,,..,.

The 6. 64 gig. Had a happy hour and a half in the Covent Gatden Apple Store with a massively helpful and pleasant assistant called Solomon who did everything for me. Wish all customer service was like this. My new device is working already and my screen feels huge. Thanks all for your advice.
  • I just feel you pay a ridiculous fee for an iPhone, get a pretty sub-par screen, a weak battery life & batteries that take over 2x longer to charge than android handsets. Oh and you can't send more than 1 different attachment in an email so I can't even use it for work.
  • I just feel you pay a ridiculous fee for an iPhone, get a pretty sub-par screen, a weak battery life & batteries that take over 2x longer to charge than android handsets. Oh and you can't send more than 1 different attachment in an email so I can't even use it for work.

You havent tried the 6s plus then, battery lasts for a long time. Screen is as good a quality as any android phone abeit maybe not as high resolution.