Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

leeds points appeal

decision is due soon on whether they get their points back. how do people see this going.
personally i hope they dock them another 15 for a frivolous appeal, but i've a sneaky feeling bates is gonna snivel some points back to secure a play-off place (at least).
would be a dangerous precedent to set with other clubs virtually relegating themselves doing the same. appeals, compensation minefield.

Comments

• If they win tonight they're virtually guaranteed a play off place anyway regardless of the appeal.

Can see them getting a few points back, say 3-5 maybe. An option which will slightly appease Leeds but not make any significant effect on anyone elses promotion hopes. If they give them the 15 back it'll lead to all kinds of aggro as others may counter appeal, especially Carlisle who would effectively lose out on promotion.
  • They will never give them the 15 points back, maybe reduce it........would be a laughable if they did, and it could see the other clubs appealing againest the decision,
  • Every single team in that league must be praying Leeds don't go up, i think i read they've sold out every away fixture this season.
  • hope they get them back - they deserve them back and it would be great to have them in the Championship next season
  • [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]hope they get them back - they deserve them back and it would be great to have them in the Championship next season

i love sarcasm !
  • WHY do these appeals always take place right at the end of the season?? Remind you of West Ham last year anyone? The powers that be delay and delay, hoping that by the time they come to hear it, the decision won't affect anything, when in truth it just gets messier and messier.
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]WHY do these appeals always take place right at the end of the season?? Remind you of West Ham last year anyone? The powers that be delay and delay, hoping that by the time they come to hear it, the decision won't affect anything, when in truth it just gets messier and messier.

As you say ridiculous timing, if they do give them there points back, and one of the otherwise promoted teams appeal, it will be too late for the new season, before anything could be considered.
  • The 10 point deduction for going into administration is meant to be a penalty. Leeds' timing of the announcement meant that no effect of the penalty would be felt.

I fully support making them start the season with a negative points value. The extra 5 points for trying to manipulate the system (via the timing of the announcement) will be the most that they regain from this appeal.
  • They deserve another 10 points off for a frivolous appeal - minimum maybe another 20.