Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What no Watt

So he's gone then. Shame.

Comments

• agreed .shame indeed
  • Better off away from this car-wreck of a club. Dread to think of what lies in store for the 700 heroes (???) who are making the trip tomorrow.
  • i am glad he gone he does not want to play for charlton jumped ship
  • I've been very slow to respond to the anti-RD/KM lobby because I'm in business and I genuinely believed that the entrepreneur, Roland Duchatalet, would perform some of the magic that made him his millions and come up trumps.

Tonight, I sit here feeling raped and pillaged as Tony Watt's departure is something I never considered possible - he was, after his return from Cardiff, in football terms, the Messiah resurrected - the only man who could and would save Charlton's planet.

In letting Watt go we have halved our ability to score goals and doubled our ability to concede goals, in terms of the balance he brought to the team and effectively resigned ourselves to League 1 - that simple.

I look back at the days when fans at The Valley gave Curbs and his teams a hard time for failing to beat Liverpool and the like - oh, the irony.

I think Chris Powell was a little unfair on Riga in his comments last night regarding keeping us up two seasons ago - I liked everything else he said - but the team Riga has now, which does support CP's comments a bit, is, in reality, simply not good enough to stay up this time.
    Riga had better players, to which CP alluded, but he had to drag them out of a negative abyss into a world of self belief and that was exceptional man management at the time because the team was in freefall.

Absolutely gutted tonight and not felt this disappointed in CAFC since I can remember.

• edited January 2016
    Watt reminds me of Cantona a controversial character who needs to be treated different.
    Ferguson managed Cantona separately to the rest of the Man Utd Squad.
  • AddickRam said:

Watt reminds me of Cantona a controversial character who needs to be treated different.
    Ferguson managed Cantona separately to the rest of the Man Utd Squad.

i think that's incredibly generous on Watt to mention him in the same breath as Cantona . Can't recall a good game of TW since April