Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trains for Sundays game

I usually come from Kent to the Valley but this Sunday I am coming from London.

I have looked online and unless I am missing something there are no trains from either London Bridge or Charing Cross to Charlton. The only way I could see to do it was from Victoria and change at Lewisham.

Is this correct?!

Surely they must be putting on more trains for match..

Also 4 changes to get to Chatham from Charlton after the game?! It's usually one train that's a joke!

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Welcome to Southeastern train travel on a weekend
  • Yes lots of weekend engineering work.
  • Welcome to Southeastern train travel at a weekend

I use Southeastern everyday and most weekends so I know how much of a shambles they are. But this really is the definition of incompetent.
  • I'm on the Hayes line which is completely shut on Sunday.
  • Welcome to Southeastern train travel at a weekend

I use Southeastern everyday and most weekends so I know how much of a shambles they are. But this really is the definition of incompetent.
    No, in my illustrated dictionary, that would be Roly, Katrien and the coaches....
  • This whole season has been a wind up.....from getting to the ground,having to watch the car crash on the pitch,having to listen to the constant lies and bullshit coming from those in charge and then trying to get home again...Good job I have alcohol to numb the pain :)
  • It's a good thing I have committed to the protests as otherwise be seriously considering giving it a swerve. I am gonna be seriously hung over have to take some weird route to get there and then will take me the best part of three hours to get home after and I have to be up at five the next morning. Could do without the hassle.
  • It's a good thing I have committed to the protests as otherwise be seriously considering giving it a swerve. I am gonna be seriously hung over have to take some weird route to get there and then will take me the best part of three hours to get home after and I have to be up at five the next morning. Could do without the hassle.

Few cans for the journey and you'll be fine. Hair of the dog and all that.
  • Alternatively, tube to North Greenwich and bus for journey there. That's the route I'm following once we finally get into Waterloo (South West are as bad as Southeastern this Sunday)
  • Tube to North Greenwich and WALK to the Pilot, quick drink and WALK to the Rose, quick drink and WALK to the ground, Then on to Crossbars and take your time drinking up, ignoring those stewards who didn't get the memo and think you are not customers and should be out of there 15 minutes before kick off...
  • Sponsored links:

• Tube to North Greenwich and WALK to the Pilot, quick drink and WALK to the Rose, quick drink and WALK to the ground, Then on to Crossbars and take your time drinking up, ignoring those stewards who didn't get the memo and think you are not customers and should be out of there 15 minutes before kick off...

Sounded perfect until you mentioned Crossbars. Would have been ideal if you weren't spending any money at the club at all.

Sounded perfect until you mentioned Crossbars. Would have been ideal if you weren't spending any money at the club at all.
    Just by being there most people in the ground will have spent money at the club so I might as well have a convenient pint if I fancy one and ignore any hypocritical shit about not spending money with a clear conscience...it probably costs the club more money keeping Crossbars open than it takes at the till...how many pubs do you know that could stay in business if they were only used as infrequently and for such a short time as crossbars and needed all those stewards on hand ?

Just by being there most people in the ground will have spent money at the club so I might as well have a convenient pint if I fancy one and ignore any hypocritical shit about not spending money with a clear conscience...it probably costs the club more money keeping Crossbars open than it takes at the till...how many pubs do you know that could stay in business if they were only used as infrequently and for such a short time as crossbars and needed all those stewards on hand ?
    I wasn't calling you a hypocrite LTGTR. Just would prefer it if people spent no money at the club as it would make Meire look even more stupid than she does now when she bangs on about how little the supporters contribute to the clubs revenue.