Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's a boy!

(Finally) born today at 2.11pm, (nine days overdue), a healthy baby boy: Malachy Shaw Target

I'm well chuffed - got back from the hospital at 11pm but can't go to bed.

Listening to Divine Comedy:

'I believe in the certainty of chance' - Brilliant

Comments

• congrats
  • congratulations jimmy!
  • Well done mate, must make that shank in the charidee game seem like nowt ;-)

Seriously congratulations mate
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Well done mate, must make that shank in the charidee game seem like nowt ;-)

Seriously congratulations mate

lol. I shall probably show him that photo one day and he'll say 'you idiot Dad' lol
  • Congrats Jimmy and family. All the best!
  • congrats to the whole melrose household,he will bring u some wonderful moments in your life
  • Conratulations, no feeling like it. Enjoy it while it lasts (ie until the sleepless nights kick in!)
  • Nice one congrats to you both
  • All the best to the family mate. Think you missed Peter out of the name though ;-)
  • echo that - did whisper it to you but not sure if you have read it yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Congratulations, mate.
  • Nice one Jim
  • Your Dynasty is getting bigger and bigger!
    Hopefully when this one is aware he will be seeing better times than your young nephew has in his first season!
    I'm sure his uncles and grandparents are chuffed to bits and rightly so.
    All the very best from the Chirpy Clan.
  • Congratulations and best wishes to all the family
  • Congrats....with Charlton Heston's passing impacting you so deeply you have a great excuse to use the name !!!!
  • nice one jim what did you call him.
  • congrats jim, enjoy this speical time and enjoy the wee blighter while he's little, cute and sleepy
  • Well done to all three of you. Good name Malachy, as its my second name after my grandad.
    How long before he's in the first team?
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Well done to all three of you. Good name Malachy, as its my second name after my grandad.

lol. That would be nice ;-) I tell you what - he's got big feet. They told us that at the 5th month scan and it's true.

I'll be trying to get him to kick a ball around far more than any fathers I see here in France anyway.
    Who knows - he may re-introduce tackling to this country!

Is your 2nd name spelt the same way because we only decided between Malachy and Malachi when the nurse asked?

For anyone wondering it's the last book in the Old Testament and means 'my angel' in Hebrew.
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Your Dynasty is getting bigger and bigger!
    Hopefully when this one is aware he will be seeing better times than your young nephew has in his first season!
    I'm sure his uncles and grandparents are chuffed to bits and rightly so.
    All the very best from the Chirpy Clan.

Absolutely - poor James fell asleep at a game recently.

Malachy won't have so many opportunities, being that he'll start out life in the Jura montains(!) but I'll bring him up as a Charlton fan of course, and he'll get to see a game from time to time when he's older.
  • Sponsored links:

• Congrats to you and your wife...
  • Well done mate.....

Nice one.....
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Well done to all three of you. Good name Malachy, as its my second name after my grandad.

lol. That would be nice ;-) I tell you what - he's got big feet. They told us that at the 5th month scan and it's true.

Is your 2nd name spelt the same way because we only decided between Malachy and Malachi when the nurse asked?

For anyone wondering it's the last book in the Old Testament and means 'my angel' in Hebrew.

Yes with a y, I know a few Malachys and thier name tends to be cut short to Mal.
  • Congratulations to you both.
  • Yeah good on you all. A happy event like that puts into perspective all the crap we talk about football...Congrats
  • Nice one, Jimmy & Mrs Melrose!

So when he plays striker for the Charlton 1st team, he'll no doubt be 'On' Target....?

;o)
  • Congratulations Dave and to the Mrs. Hope she is OK. Welcome to the world Malachy.

It's a wonderful feeling. Hope you can take the time to be with him when he's a baby as it is just the best thing in the world.

When he turns out to be a great player he'll have a difficult choice as which country to represent. Am I right to think France, Argentina and any British country?
  • well done to the wife

nice name
  • top name jimmy.

fantastic news tho mate hope all is well with the mrs and baby malachy, should of called him malachy melrose those man, hehe ;-)
  • Congratulations to you both!