Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well done WBA

At least a team that plays football have gone up. Stoke, Hull plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wouldnt cross my road with a free ticker to see them.

Nice for Deano to get another shot at the big league as well.

As i watched it last night couldnt help but feel a tad jealous, thought of the yeeee haaaaaas we had when we got promoted, great times. Not sure we will ever get back there.

Comments

• my thoughts exactly
  • agree with that, the best footballing side in our division, just look at the amount of goals they've scored...
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]At least a team that plays football have gone up. Stoke, Hull plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wouldnt cross my road with a free ticker to see them.

Nice for Deano to get another shot at the big league as well.

As i watched it last night couldnt help but feel a tad jealous, thought of the yeeee haaaaaas we had when we got promoted, great times. Not sure we will ever get back there.

Good luck to West Brom next season, I don't think Deano will be playing Prem football again though.

Our time will come again. A year ago West Brom went into meltdown when promotion looked odds-on, a lesson in perseverance lies in there for all of us...
  • Ironic that when we played them in the cup after Xmas, we were the better footballing side on both occassions and were unlucky to go out. Then the wheels came off.
  • Agree with everything that has been said.
  • SSN's talking about wba going up 'they'd like to establish themselves in the premiership like charlton did'
    the good old days!
  • We said the same about Leceister didnt we?!
  • And Southampton
  • Posted this on another thread before realising there was this one about West brom.

"I read in todays paper that Mowbray brought in 17m through player sales and only spent 10m, so whatever money they make in the prem, it shows you don't have to go into debt to get there. They've got a good team spirit, kept a settled side, and played good football. And remember this is in their second year after being relegated, after they fell away badly last year and missed out on promotion. It can be done!"
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Ironic that when we played them in the cup after Xmas, we were the better footballing side on both occassions and were unlucky to go out.
    Despite the gloom from many, we still have some good players, surely the key for next season is getting an effective midfield fulcrum.
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]And remember this is in their second year after being relegated, after they fell away badly last year and missed out on promotion. It can be done!"
    Still a great shout Chris!
  • Sponsored links:

• They fell away badly but ended up 4th - we fell away worse and will end up 12th!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]They fell away badly but ended up 4th - we fell away worse and will end up 12th!

are you feeling ok WSS.... or is it a more realistic approach now you're senior management on here;-)
  • Well done WBA, fully deserved for being the best footballing side in the division and having reall class (for this level) in Greening, Gera, Texeira, Miller and Bednar.

Who's missing from that list? Oh yes, of course, one of the best goalscorers in the country Kevin Philips - who they got on a freebie from Southampton....we got Fatty Hasselwank and they get Philips, says it all really doesn't it?
  • edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]They fell away badly but ended up 4th - we fell away worse and will end up 12th!

They were top with about 7 games to go, so to end up 4th and not get promoted was a massive disappointment. So they've done well to bounce back.
  • It will be interesting to see what Mowbray does about getting ready for the Prem - Deano's probably not up to the Prem and they won't be able to rely on Greening and Phillips to run the show as they have done this year.
  • Well done to Deano and our Nemesis KEvin Philips. Great comment on the Championship by Adrian Childs "Its a league, where a bunch of blokes you have never heard of turns up at your ground and beats you 1-0" sums it up really, we have been beaten by too many nobodies this year. Good luck to WBA and Tony Mowbray, hated them when Robson was there, but now they are a real team.