Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This week I have been reading

edited May 2008 in Not Sports Related
As I have been working nights this week , well I say working but it's supervising really which means telling the fellas what to do at the start of the night and making sure they are there all night.
This has meant I have had a chance to do some reading and that means the rather hardcore Scar tissue , the Anthony Kiedis autobiography .

what are others reading right now? books that is as I know rothko will be reading the morning star

Comments

• WSSWSS
    edited May 2008
    Just finished the rather disturbing If I Did It by OJ Simpson.

Very weird read and you are thrown between whether to believe what he is saying or not.

Need a few books for holibobs soon so will be interested to hear what people are reading.
  • Pop up version of Mein Kamf.
  • edited May 2008
    The Beano
  • Lance Armstrong - Its not about the bike

halfway through and blown away with admiration
  • Lononders and The plague---Jolly little number

Sniper One

Bare Foot Soldier. The V.C winner he lived in Kidbrooke for awhile. Probably why he decided he wanted to be in a tank i guess.
  • Charlton Away 1982 - 1996: The Glory Years by O A Mortimer

An interesting read, if heavily reliant on statistics. Takes a slightly pessimistic view on the years that followed.
  • The dammed united, nearly finished its well worth a read, there gona make it into a film too will be interesting to see who plays Brian 'Young Man' Clough. still a pukka book tho. bit weird in places and the flash backs to derby but once u get used to it its good.
  • I've read "Scar Tissue" it was ok but i got a bit bored with it to be honest.
  • Simon Jordans guide to great tanning
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]The dammed united, nearly finished its well worth a read, there gona make it into a film too will be interesting to see who plays Brian 'Young Man' Clough. still a pukka book tho. bit weird in places and the flash backs to derby but once u get used to it its good.[/quote]

was a feature on the south bank show sunday about the writer david peace, and this book in particular. it's a fantastic read although most of yorkshire supposedly hates him now.

i've read everything he's published (and met him). my favourite contemporary author.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just Finished

Prisoners of War - Voices from behind the wire in the Second World War by Charles Rollings. Very good stuff if you are into oral history and WWII

Johnny Come Home by Jake Arnott (author of the Long Firm Trilogy) About rent boys, the Angry Brigade, Seperationist Feminists, Gary Glitter and Glam in the 70s. It may have very niche appeal but a good read if you remember the early 70s

Just started Grow Up - Keith Allen's Autobiography. Lots of sex and football and I've only got to when he's 14! If you like him then I'd guess you'd like the book.
  • Venus on Top.. poor old smiffy.
  • Beeeee to much info there !!!!
  • The History of Glasgow Rangers ;-)
  • I am currently reading, and loving, Blood River: A Journey to Africa's Broken Heart by Tim Butcher. The bloke retreads Stanley's journey along the Congo river. Its a mix of history and travel, with quite a few hairy moments! It's so easy to read and absolutely engrossing.
  • Gazza's 0 Learn to play the flute in 3 easy steps
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Beeeee to much info there !!!!

not literally!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Beeeee to much info there !!!![/quote]

not literally![/quote]

make up your mind, is it a book or not?
  • Yes its a book. Its a book about empowering women. Suzi's read it i believe.
  • I haven't. but perhaps I should!

I have just finished reading Russell Brand My Booky Wook.
    In fact, most recently, Les read 'closer' magazine.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]In fact, most recently, Les read 'closer' magazine.

All real men read "Closer". Well done Les.
  • Jackie Stewart - Winning is not enough
  • 'Iced' by Ray Shell - harrowing
    'Parallel Worlds' by Michio Kaku - fascinating
    'VMware ESX Server: Advanced Technical Design Guide' by Ron Oglesby & Scott Herold - boring
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]The dammed united, nearly finished its well worth a read, there gona make it into a film too will be interesting to see who plays Brian 'Young Man' Clough. still a pukka book tho. bit weird in places and the flash backs to derby but once u get used to it its good.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Michael Sheen if I remember rightly.
  • should be worth a watch will be interesting to see how they do it, films are always shite when taken from a book ie: da vinchi code, harry potter oh and course the bible.
  • Finished The Book of Dave by Will Self this week - still not sure what I thought of it..not an 'easy' read... Prior to that was Then We came To The End, Joshua Ferris, which was excellent...next up, after a couple of evenings reading magazines that I have purchased and not read, is The Book Thief...

Loved the Alex James bio and have the Nikki Sixx Heroin Diaries to read too..
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]should be worth a watch will be interesting to see how they do it, films are always shite when taken from a book ie: da vinchi code, harry potter oh and course the bible.

not always true. my favourite book Sleepers by Lorenzo Carcaterra got made into a pretty decent film, as did another great book i loved Talented Mr Ripley.....The Beach wasn't as good as the film, American Psycho was a fair effort, although you have to read the book to fully appreciate!
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Finished The Book of Dave by Will Self this week - still not sure what I thought of it..not an 'easy' read

By not an easy read you mean having to learn an alternative language to be able to get through it!