Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fleetwood Away

I'm not going to the Valley next season, unless our CEO goes, but that won't stop me supporting my team away from home. Booked hotel in Blackpool for the Fleetwood game/ I'm assuming/hoping it shouldn't be too hard to get tickets!!!

Comments

• Sorry, Muttley ..... already sold out.

• I am a bit worried as I am no longer a season ticket holder or Valley Gold member!! Still there is always the home end!
  • I'm not going to the Valley next season, unless our CEO goes, but that won't stop me supporting my team away from home. Booked hotel in Blackpool for the Fleetwood game/ I'm assuming/hoping it shouldn't be too hard to get tickets!!!

I saw Fleetwood v Sheff United last season.

Sheffield brought 800 and there was a lot of room left. I'll be amazed if we take that amount.
  • Good to hear - ideally there will be enough room to pay at the gate.
  • edited June 2016
    September is a nice time to go. A Tuesday night in February less so!
  • September is a nice time to go. A Tuesday night in February less so!

Is there ever a nice time to go to Fleetwood :smiley:
  • Not football wise. Not for a Charlton team who should not be in this league. But Fleetwood is just a few miles from Blackpool and it isn't an unpleasant place to visit!
  • Not football wise. Not for a Charlton team who should not be in this league. But Fleetwood is just a few miles from Blackpool and it isn't an unpleasant place to visit!

Going to be booking travel and accommodation in Blackpool today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big blue hotel in Blackpool.
    Recommended.
  • Hoping to go to this one. Only up the coast from me.
  • Capacity of 831 standing and 300 seats

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/highbury-stadium-fleetwood-town.html#awhat-is-it-like-for-away-supporters

I can't remember how many we took to Blackpool previously

What Blackpool on the Tuesday?..I believe about 150.!

have to remember to take your Mac.
  • cabbles said:

In

Wrong thread mate :wink:
  • I'd suggest waiting for the Sky TV matches to be announced before booking anything for this one
  • I've covered that by booking Friday and Saturday night!

We go to watch the team. Not the weather.
  • I can't imagine accommodation in Blackpool will be the problem! The place with a billion b&b rooms (or whatever the number is) especially as it's outside the school summer holidays
  • I'm not going to the Valley next season, unless our CEO goes, but that won't stop me supporting my team away from home. Booked hotel in Blackpool for the Fleetwood game/ I'm assuming/hoping it shouldn't be too hard to get tickets!!!

It might rain in Fleetwod so take your Mac
  • Sponsored links:

• Halix said:

September is a nice time to go. A Tuesday night in February less so!

have to remember to take your Mac.
    I tried buying a train ticket for Fleetwood this morning, but the woman behind the desk said there's no train station there.

You can go your own way, she said.
  • _MrDick said:

I'm not going to the Valley next season, unless our CEO goes, but that won't stop me supporting my team away from home. Booked hotel in Blackpool for the Fleetwood game/ I'm assuming/hoping it shouldn't be too hard to get tickets!!!

It might rain in Fleetwod so take your Mac
    Along with a chain so that you dont get blown out to sea.
  • I see that Fleetwood has a population of only 25,000.

How on earth do they sustain a League One club on 3,000 average gates?

• They're obviously well run, in the same way that Burton won promotion with average crowds of 4k, whilst Sheffield Utd get ready for their 300th straight season in league one.
  • Oggy Red said:

I see that Fleetwood has a population of only 25,000.

How on earth do they sustain a League One club on 3,000 average gates?

A rich owner helps, £10m was the figure invested back in 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19955525
  • Andy Pilley is the owner, huge Blackpool fan. He tried to by the club on numerous occasions, shot down, invested in Fleetwood and the rest is history.