Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leaving the EU-Football matters

2»

Comments

• TEL said:

IA said:

Did we have to get a special work permit when we signed JBG? With Iceland being an non EU member state, I cannot recall us going through the waiting on the work permit coming through period. Apologies if we did as my memory not what it used to be :-)

Iceland is part of the free movement of people. While the UK remains a member of the EU, any of us can move to Reykjavik.

Stu of Kunming has got it spot on in my opinion

If we still sign up to the free movement of people, surely nothing will change?

There is only the possibility of changing it if the UK leaves the free movement of people. What that would look like depends on the agreement that is reached with the EU.
    Trolling through all the political claptrap on TV, one thing that keeps being mentioned is that peoples opinions were swayed by immigration. One political journalist even went as far as saying she thought it was more of an Immigration vote, more than one based on the actual workings of the common market.
    People voted based on immigration.

The main political campaigns did talk about immigration but I think they were more interested in the workings of the EU.

The end result, and the impact on football, will be clear when we see what kind of exit happens. If it ends up like Norway, then there would be minimal impact on football (or the economy, immigration). If it ends up like Albania, then that's different.

We'll see what Prime Minister Johnson goes for
  • Interesting times ahead.
  • I doubt many of our network loans or managers would be able to pass an 'Australian based points system'.
  • I doubt many of our network loans or managers would be able to pass an 'Australian based points system'.

I struggled and I married an Australian....lol
  • I was thinking more on their ability to kick or catch a football.

Reza would, a full international :smile:
  • Great, sign him!
  • IA said:

TEL said:

IA said:

Did we have to get a special work permit when we signed JBG? With Iceland being an non EU member state, I cannot recall us going through the waiting on the work permit coming through period. Apologies if we did as my memory not what it used to be :-)

Iceland is part of the free movement of people. While the UK remains a member of the EU, any of us can move to Reykjavik.

Stu of Kunming has got it spot on in my opinion

If we still sign up to the free movement of people, surely nothing will change?

There is only the possibility of changing it if the UK leaves the free movement of people. What that would look like depends on the agreement that is reached with the EU.
    Trolling through all the political claptrap on TV, one thing that keeps being mentioned is that peoples opinions were swayed by immigration. One political journalist even went as far as saying she thought it was more of an Immigration vote, more than one based on the actual workings of the common market.
    People voted based on immigration.

The main political campaigns did talk about immigration but I think they were more interested in the workings of the EU.

The end result, and the impact on football, will be clear when we see what kind of exit happens. If it ends up like Norway, then there would be minimal impact on football (or the economy, immigration). If it ends up like Albania, then that's different.

We'll see what Prime Minister Johnson goes for
    Except that its not up to what PM Johnson goes for.

Its down to what is imposed on the UK by the EU and the World Trade Organisation.
  • Or the owners of the PL clubs agree a deal with UEFA to allow footballers to move in the same way that they do now.

did'nt realise that UEFA decided the criteria that the UK have/might have regarding work permits etc. Surely all it will mean is that a player from say France will now have to meet the same criteria as a player from say Argentina. Simplistic perhaps but seems logical.
  • Or the owners of the PL clubs agree a deal with UEFA to allow footballers to move in the same way that they do now.

did'nt realise that UEFA decided the criteria that the UK have/might have regarding work permits etc. Surely all it will mean is that a player from say France will now have to meet the same criteria as a player from say Argentina. Simplistic perhaps but seems logical.
    I've never quite understood the (Non EU) immigration rules.

It seems to be OK for most people to work in the UK so long as they earn more than around £35,000 p.a.

Hence there was never any real possibility of Guy Luzon not getting a visa because he already had a well paid job while it is difficult to get decent curry chefs from Bangladesh because they do not earn enough.

But footballer seem to have to qualify with the "home office" even if they are to be paid £2000 per week? Presumably this will all become much clearer over the coming months.
  • Sponsored links:

• So if Charlton adopt the Australian points system will we get 5 points for a win 2 for a draw, have Dane Edna Everage as CEO and on match days will she become Sir Les Patterson manager/chief coach?