Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheltenham away(date tbc) advanced purchase train tickets

There is a 22.01 to get people back after the game BUT the ground is about two miles from the station.

From Paddington there is a 12.30 and a 13.36 @ £13.50 single with the 14.30 being £16.00

The following day for people wanting to get back to work there is an 8.31 and a 9.33 costing £18.50 and £23.00

I have listed these prices based on the game being played on Tuesday 9th August.

All prices shown are singles before railcard discounts.

Comments

• Given how many we will take, it's probably better getting a 7 seater cab for this one.
  • Or a skateboard.
  • edited June 2016
    New ground. Tempted
  • Charlton will travel to Cheltenham Town in the first round of this season's EFL Cup.

The tie will take place on Tuesday, August 9th, will kick-off at 7.45pm and will be our first ever competitive meeting with the Robins.
  • edited June 2016

New ground. Tempted

Likewiise. Only been there for racing and quite liked Cheltenham
  • Shame the match was in March for the festival.
  • Solidgone said:

Shame the match was in March for the festival.

You may get lucky next season.
  • Charlton will travel to Cheltenham Town in the first round of this season's EFL Cup.

The tie will take place on Tuesday, August 9th, will kick-off at 7.45pm and will be our first ever competitive meeting with the Robins.

Where is this confirmation from ? Is it definitely on the Tuesday ?
  • Doesn't say it's confirmed on Cafc website, and on Cheltenhams they expect it to be Wednesday. Charlton will travel to Cheltenham Town in the first round of this season's EFL Cup.

The Addicks defeated Dagenham & Redbridge at the first-round stage of the competition last season at The The Valley.

A confirmed date, kick-off time and ticket prices will be confirmed in due course.

Below, the first-round draw is available to view in full:

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-efl-cup-first-round-draw-3149418.aspx#r0gZkrwIS8jjm8tj.99
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheltenham Town will take on Charlton Athletic in the first round of the newly-named EFL Cup at Whaddon Road.

The match is currently in for Wednesday 10th August but we will bring you more information when the time & date are officially confirmed.

Read more at http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/cheltenham-town-charlton-athletic-3149625.aspx#GBIyqH2hP01wWhvB.99
  • edited July 2016
    The CAFC & Cheltenham O/S says it's Tuesday 9th August.

Does anyone know if this has been confirmed ?
  • The CAFC & Cheltenham O/S says it's Tuesday 9th August.

I'd book tickets on that info.
  • edited July 2016
    I've booked train tickets at £27 each (2 x £13.50 singles).

It's virtually impossible, to get the last train back on the night & the game will still be going on if it goes to extra time. I also booked a hotel at £29 per person.
  • Might coach it.

Can anyone confirm date of match and when do match tickets go on sale.
  • I was pitching this chap on the phone earlier who said he wanted to carry on our conversation, however he was on holiday at the moment, could we pick up the week beginning 8th August. He then went onto say 'we should co-ordinate though, are you going away at all, any holidays?'

To which I replied, 'yes, got the 9th & 10th August booked off for Cheltenham away in the league cup'

I can't wait. No need for 2 weeks abroad, whaddon road beckons

I suppose tickets should go on sale soon. But I'm too fussed as it's not going to sell out.

I suppose tickets should go on sale soon. But I'm too fussed as it's not going to sell out.
    So i hope we can buy match tickets on the day or its all in the home end.
  • Any news on these tickets yet? My dad said at Orient on Saturday they were selling away tickets for their game against Cheltenham, we're only playing them 3 days later. Surely they must be ready?

This and Bristol away is my only holiday this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Any news on these tickets yet? My dad said at Orient on Saturday they were selling away tickets for their game against Cheltenham, we're only playing them 3 days later. Surely they must be ready?

This and Bristol away is my only holiday this year.

Pay on the day will be no problem, do not fret.
  • Still nothing on the O/S.
  • Welcome to Cheltenham Town FC, we hope you enjoy your visit to our home.

Stadium Information

Postcode for your SatNav: GL52 5NA
    Stadium Capacity: 7,200
    Address: Whaddon Road Stadium, Cheltenham, Glos, GL52 5NA
    Telephone: 01242 573558
    Home Colours: Ruby, white and black

Visiting supporters to the stadium will be allocated an area of covered seating dependent upon the number of fans they expect to bring to the game game. The initial allocation of tickets will be for all of the Hazlewoods Stand and then part of the Wymans Road Stand. The maximum number of seats allocated to any visiting club is approximately 1,800.

The Wymans Road Stand is located on the side of the pitch with the Hazlewoods Stand behind the Whaddon Road goalmouth.

Away Ticket Procedures

Match tickets will be available through the turnstiles on matchdays unless we anticipate a large away following attending the game. If this is the case tickets will be sent to your own ticket office for sale in advance of the game.

Ticket Prices

Ticket prices can be found on the 'Ticket Prices' section of the website. Click here to head straight there.

Visiting disabled supporters

A number of tickets for wheelchair users will be also available on the day of the game. Should you require any further additional information please telephone us on (01242) 573558 or e-mail info@ctfc.com. Disabled facilities are located in both the Wymans Road and Hazlewoods Stands both of which feature wheelchair places and designated seats for the ambulant disabled, plus disabled toilets.

Ticket Refunds

Cheltenham Town FC operate a strictly no refund policy on all match tickets.

Car Parking

Unfortunately there is limited car parking available to the general public at Whaddon Road on match days. Street parking in the immediate vicinity is also restricted.

Stadium social facilities

Matchday social facilties include the stadium bar, which is open to everyone and has a widescreen TV with hot food served on Saturdays between midday and 2.45pm with light snacks from 5pm to 10.30pm. Within the ground you can purchase non-alcoholic beverages, burgers, pies and chips.

Road Directions

From the North (M5): Leave M5 at junction 10 - follow road (A4019 towards Cheltenham. Keep straight on through Traffic Lights, until you come to large roundabout (PC World on right & McDonalds on left), turn left. About 500 yards up this road, you will come to double mini roundabout, go straight over. Keep going about 300 yards, then turn right into Swindon Lane, follow this road over level crossing and two mini roundabouts until you come to larger roundabout. Go straight over (signposted Prestbury), for the ground, continue past racecourse and turn right (Albert Road), follow this to the end and at a roundabout turn left into Prestbury Road. After 200 yards turn right into Whaddon Road and The Abbey Business Stadium and car park are 300 yards on left.

From the South (M5): Exit M5 at junction 11, follow signs to Cheltenham, you will then be on A40. Continue over first roundabout then at next roundabout bear right, following signs for Oxford A40. After half a mile continue over a set of traffic lights then after another half a mile continue over some more lights, bearing left slightly and continuing to follow signs for Oxford A40. Go straight over next roundabout (still following Oxford A40). At next traffic lights turn right then immediately left into Sandford Road. Continue to a mini roundabout and turn left (still signposted Oxford A40). At next traffic lights continue straight over onto B4075 (signposted Prestbury). After half a mile bear right, staying on B4075 as it becomes Priors Road. Take the next left into Whaddon Road, continue over a mini roundabout and Whaddon Road stadium is on the right-hand side.

From London/Oxford A40: Follow road into and through Charlton Kings, you will come to some lights where the Cirencester Road joins from left. Go straight on, but at next set of lights turn right into Hales Road. This is the B4075 (signposted Prestbury). After half a mile bear right, staying on B4075 as it becomes Priors Road. Take the next left into Whaddon Road, continue over a mini roundabout and The Abbey Business Stadium is on the right-hand side.

From London/Swindon A417: As the A417 continues downhill towards Cheltenham, passing the Air Balloon public house on the left, you will reach a roundabout. Take the first exit signposted Gloucester A417. Continue to junction with M5 motorway then head north on M5 (signposted Worcester). Stay on M5 for one junction then leave at Junction 11 and head towards Cheltenham. Follow directions as above from M5 South.

Train

Cheltenham Spa railway station is approximately 2½ miles and a good 40 minutes walk from the ground. Take the D bus (every 10 mins during the day/20 mins during the evening) from the station to the town centre then either walk (15 mins) or take the A bus to Whaddon ROAD Alternatively, a taxi could cost roughly £10.

Please Note: Any visiting supporters found within sections of the ground exclusively reserved for home supporters will be ejected with no refund given. Ticket allocations and sales policies can vary depending on the opposition and should different arrangements be made for your teams visit, such information will be made available to and via your own club prior to the game.

Read more at http://www.ctfc.com/tickets/visitingsupporters/index.aspx#3iwUKSTVrZjgWHOT.99
  • Adults £21 bit of a rip off for a reserve type game
  • 1 That's last season's prices showing.

2 It's league prices & says cup matches will be announced on a match by match basis.

So I doubt it will be that high.
  • £21.00 is the price i payed on our ticket office website this afternoon.
  • Bloody hell, I didn't realise they were on sale. First day I heven't checked for about a fortnight.
  • clive said:

£21.00 is the price i payed on our ticket office website this afternoon.

Makes a change you doing an away trip mate.
  • I'll be popping along too funnily enough...:)
  • I'll be popping along too funnily enough...:)

Amazing stuff, it must be catching!