Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Erol Umut

Just seen on Dr Kish that he's left the club? Don't think he was one of the expected departures was he? Saying that, RedHenry has gone quiet lately...

Comments

• Another bitter ex employee eh squirrel face.
  • edited June 2016
    Maybe he wouldn't have been able to get a work permit?

Puts on tin hat......

Was at the club for about 10 years. Chatted with at the training ground a couple of times. Seemed a good bloke.good luck to him wherever he ends up next.
  • Dr Eva?
  • Think the idea of Eva was to replace the bloke that left the club last season.
  • Maybe he just stuck it out as it was a job and money in his pocket.. Who knows?? But last season and the injuries were ridiculous
  • This is not a bad thing. I agree with cabbie8. How long before the club realised that to many players were injured or ill? They were falling down without being tackled although Reza being shot at Nottingham was a classic. I said all last season the medical and fitness teams needed to be held accountable but they were overlooked.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think you can blame injuries or illness on the CEO no matter how much we want to blame her for everything. The medical team need to be accountable for something
  • I don't think you can blame injuries or illness on the CEO no matter how much we want to blame her for everything. The medical team need to be accountable for something

Pressure from agents.
  • The players started to fall when we were second in the league and everything was going well. Most notible casualty Kashi. We had 2 main players out before even kicking a ball last season in Hendo and Vetokele. Questions surely should have been asked by KM and RD but instead they sacked Guy Luzon. That Palace game he played all the kids because he didn't have any fit players. The squad may have been small and contributed but there were to many injuries for my liking.
  • Erol was a well respected physio in the professional. Unfortunately it seems he has been the fall guy for poor recruitment eg players with a poor injury record and those with a poor attitude who just didn't fancy it. Plus of course coupled with a weak and incompetent CEO.

That is a fair point.

You are only as good as the tools(not talking about the Belgians here)at your disposal.

Agree to a point - but buying players with poor fitness or injury records will come back to bite you on the arse.....regardless of the medical/fitness staff.
    And that is the fault of squirrel face.
  • Maybe be he's got a promotion in the NHS call centre
  • shirty5 said:

Dr Eva?

Would ya
  • Sponsored links:

• Agreed that this physio was found wanting and what is required is someone from premiership or equivalent which is a very physical league but employed in a lesser role than the main team physio. Someone who knows what they are doing and has been doing it for a while is the most important person in the backroom after Slade. We underestimate this person at our peril.
  • Sounds like an Eastern European. Thank god we can now replace him with a proper English physio. Wheresmeseasonticket?
  • After it came out that Bauer would miss the start of pre-season, didnt someone say that Vetokele was told to stop faking his injury so much (or something like that) by Katrien?

If thats the case Im not surprised Erol is leaving as he probably will see all these injuries as a slight to his profession
  • Agreed that this physio was found wanting and what is required is someone from premiership or equivalent which is a very physical league but employed in a lesser role than the main team physio. Someone who knows what they are doing and has been doing it for a while is the most important person in the backroom after Slade. We underestimate this person at our peril.

Really?

6 years as head physio and another 4 with the academy so plenty of experience including in the championship.

Don't remember a sudden increase in injuries after 2010 when he joined but do recall lots of injuries last year when we had a raft of players with no experience of the Championship who also had previous poor fitness records. Add to that what one player described as a "shambles" of a pre-season and a far too small squad preventing planned rest or rotation and I can see why we had a lot of injuries.

But let's blame the physio who seemed to be doing OK before the Belgium experiment started.

An experiment so disastrous that we were relegated and the CEO is trying to pretend it never happened while making a 180 degree change of strategy.

But if we have lots of injuries must be the physios fault?
    I'm inclined to agree, I think it's easy to blame the physio.

Take Kashi for example, he's always held up as a screw up but I've said time and again that I've been in the same situation and waiting and hoping it heals itself (no pun intended...okay, a little pun intended) is the smart play. Surgery on the achilles can risk tearing it completely, having scar tissue build up, and even when it goes right, he's out for the rest of the year.

Also, do we have a club doctor? Surely they should be the one evaluating the physio, as there are so many factors to injury and fitness in high performance athletes that it's very easy of us to play armchair physician, but this is what people do degrees in medicine for.

Regarding @roseandcrown 's point about Luzon, I often wondered if the players were fit enough last season. They seemed absolutely shattered in October/November until 3-4 weeks into Riga's regime. I don't think it's a coincidence that that is both the busiest part of the year and the time we had KF, but to be fair to KF you do your conditioning for the season in the summer, not in November.

The one I will put forward is Bauer. He had a groin injury, which, like Achilles' injuries, can be very difficult to shake, but he had surgery in December and wasn't seen for the rest of the year. Had it been a tear you'd expect that, but from the sounds of things it wasn't that bad. He seemed to break down a month or so into his comeback and will now miss the start of pre-season.
  • Physio's aren't the reason a Club has so many injuries, track record of injuries when you sign them, unadapted to training methods and overworked or poor training methods put into play by coaches. And the key factor to all of our injuries in the past season were the constant changing of training styles and playing styles, it's more strenuous on the body than it seems.

Physio's can pretty much just help the players return to fitness as quick as possible and implement them a plan to do so.
  • Good luck in your new job Erol, let's hope that you're given more support and credit than the current regime have given you, instead of being the scape goat.
  • Physio's aren't the reason a Club has so many injuries, track record of injuries when you sign them, unadapted to training methods and overworked or poor training methods put into play by coaches. And the key factor to all of our injuries in the past season were the constant changing of training styles and playing styles, it's more strenuous on the body than it seems.

Physio's can pretty much just help the players return to fitness as quick as possible and implement them a plan to do so.

If anything, it's the fitness and conditioning coaches which are at fault, the physio is surely more the person who deals with players once they are injured, rather the person responsible for getting their bodies "battle hardened"
  • edited June 2016

Physio's aren't the reason a Club has so many injuries, track record of injuries when you sign them, unadapted to training methods and overworked or poor training methods put into play by coaches. And the key factor to all of our injuries in the past season were the constant changing of training styles and playing styles, it's more strenuous on the body than it seems.

If anything, it's the fitness and conditioning coaches which are at fault, the physio is surely more the person who deals with players once they are injured, rather the person responsible for getting their bodies "battle hardened"
    Exactly.

First time I've ever heard anyone blame a physio for players getting injured. It doesn't make any sense.

Sure, you might think our injured players may then take a while to come back, and that may or may not be down to the physio or medical team, but how on earth are they supposed to stop players getting injured in the first place?

Crackers
  • Is Erol not English then?