Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match day changes

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/837526941?-11197:833:0

NEWS | October 8th's trip to Millwall has been brought forward to 1pm --> http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-millwall-3161129.aspx … #cafc

FIXTURES | The away clash at Coventry City has also been moved forwards to Good Friday, April 14th (3pm) --> … #cafc

Comments

• edited June 2016
    This stuff always confuses me. When the clocks go back it becomes earlier. If you're moving a match to an earlier date shouldn't it be moved back? (Because in the Coventry example the Sunday would be further forward.)

Edited to add: I've just read something called "Challenges to Metaphorical Coherence" which was supposed to explain it. But I'm now even more confused.
  • decent with the trip to millwall england are playing at 5 that day, as much as i wont want to watch them now by the time it comes round will hopefully be in the pub toasting a victory.
  • decent with the trip to millwall england are playing at 5 that day, as much as i wont want to watch them now by the time it comes round will hopefully be in the pub toasting a victory.

You might have to settle for a toasted cheese sandwich rather than a victory, I fear.
  • FIXTURES | New Year's Eve trip to @SUFCRootsHall has been moved forwards to 1pm --> http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-millwall-3161129.aspx … #cafc
  • Good decision on the NYE trip
  • Did we ever find out if there was any truth to the 'away tickets only being sold to ST holders' rumour?
  • JaShea99 said:

Did we ever find out if there was any truth to the 'away tickets only being sold to ST holders' rumour?

So what if that was the case, pay on the day will be no problem.

Apart from Gillingham, Southend and Millwall.
  • cafcfan said:

This stuff always confuses me. When the clocks go back it becomes earlier. If you're moving a match to an earlier date shouldn't it be moved back? (Because in the Coventry example the Sunday would be further forward.)

Edited to add: I've just read something called "Challenges to Metaphorical Coherence" which was supposed to explain it. But I'm now even more confused.

The clocks go back because you have moved the hands on the clock backwards. The March of time has been brought back from 12 to 11 (or 2 to 1 as it happens).

Everything else is regarded as being brought forwards on an imaginary timeline.
  • edited July 2016
    JiMMy 85 said:

cafcfan said:

The clocks go back because you have moved the hands on the clock backwards. The March of time has been brought back from 12 to 11 (or 2 to 1 as it happens).

Everything else is regarded as being brought forwards on an imaginary timeline.
    That's a very brief history of time!
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:

Did we ever find out if there was any truth to the 'away tickets only being sold to ST holders' rumour?

I was told it wasn't the case.
  • Sounds like someone may have had an idea they thought was the mutts nuts until they spoke to someone else about it.

Quickly after idea booted into long grass.
  • JaShea99 said:

So what? So some people don't do and don't want to do 'pay on the day' for a whole host of reasons.
  • JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

So what? So some people don't do and don't want to do 'pay on the day' for a whole host of reasons.
    What difference does it make?

You still have to walk to the turnstiles and hand over paper, only it will be money rather than a ticket.
  • Seriously?

1) You'll have to travel without being guaranteed a seat.
    2) There's no guarantee you can get seats with mates.
    3) You'll have to get there early, which traffic might prevent.
    4) You will have to ensure you have cash with you.

Paying on the day is by no means the end of the world, but the advantages of buying in advance and the annoyance this will cause to people who like to be organised are pretty obvious.
  • JaShea99 said:

Seriously?

Paying on the day is by no means the end of the world, but the advantages of buying in advance and the annoyance this will cause to people who like to be organised are pretty obvious.

I take it you do not know much about our away following and capacities for next season.
    You will get a seat.
    There will be enough seats spare to sit with your chums.
    You have to get there early as you will miss the game.
    How hard is it to have cash on you?

So paying on the day means you are not organised? You need to read my travel threads for advanced purchase train tickets.
  • Stewart said:

I can't add to my ticket stub collection if I pay cash on the day.

Look on the floor like I do, it's true.
  • Stewart said:

I can't add to my ticket stub collection if I pay cash on the day.

You are of course talking train tickets?
  • JaShea99 said:

Seriously?

I take it you do not know much about our away following and capacities for next season.
    You will get a seat.
    There will be enough seats spare to sit with your chums.
    You have to get there early as you will miss the game.
    How hard is it to have cash on you?

So paying on the day means you are not organised? You need to read my travel threads for advanced purchase train tickets.
    I am aware of our away following, but am also aware of the large number of fans claiming to be 'away only' this season, which will boost it.

Im not saying people who pay on the day are not organised, but I and others I know do not like setting off on a potentially long away trip without the peace of mind of the ticket already in my pocket. In the same way that I wouldn't go to a concert without a ticket or set off to the airport without a flight booked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Airport without a flight booked, very funny.