Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Part time job for Charlton fan

Comments

• But no place on the 'Fans forum'.
  • What has happened to Sid?
  • Trainspotting Live
    Confirmed for BBC Two on 11, 12 and 13 July from 8pm to 9pm

Trainspotting Live will bring three nights of spotting, joy and excitement to BBC Four as Peter Snow, mathematician Dr Hannah Fry and engineer Dick Strawbridge along with a team of rail train enthusiasts revel in the tantalising intricacies, trade secrets and true pleasures of trainspotting... live!

Live from the historic Didcot Rail Museum, Peter Snow will be asking the audience to join the spotting by recording the most frequent to the most elusive trains on the tracks all over country during the three days of live broadcast. Our team of expert spotters will also be waiting in anticipation to catch the full range of British rail stock on camera - from classic steam, to diesel locomotives, to high-speed electric and our rarest beauties - explaining how they did it and delving into their importance in our British heritage.

etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2016/28/trainspotting-live
  • "Mind the Doors" surely thats hand in glove for her ladyship. She's a regular on the 11.20 from London Bridge!!
  • lungi.macebo@cafc.co.uk

They are taking the piss aren't they?
  • What has happened to Sid?

Sent on loan to Southeastern trains.
  • Essex_Al said:

Elfs, your time has come!

I'll ensure you got the 1st class tickets amigo!

Would be interesting if squirrel face interviewed me.
  • clive said:

What has happened to Sid?

Sent on loan to Southeastern trains.
    I thought it was SNCF?
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

I've set up the interview for you mate.

The panel of three interviewing are Cahones, Miere and Karel Fraeye!!
  • Is the club doing this instead of, rather than as well as, running coaches next season ?
  • So what has happened to Syd? Is he ok?
  • I heard he stepped down from the role at the last 'fans forum' meeting.
  • clive said:

I heard he stepped down from the role at the last 'fans forum' meeting.

I don't blame him, it seems that squirrel face and him do not see eye to eye.

Having said that, who does get along with her?

Essex_Al said:

Clive and me are considering applying for the post, on the proviso we are still allowed to do threads on here.
  • clive said:

I heard he stepped down from the role at the last 'fans forum' meeting.

I don't blame him, it seems that squirrel face and him do not see eye to eye.

Having said that, who does get along with her?

Essex_Al said:

Clive and me are considering applying for the post, on the proviso we are still allowed to do threads on here.
    Tones contribution will based on one question. " Do you take sugar, kettles on"
  • This is simply hysterical. I think an interim committee of Paul Ellis, Paul Winton, Lewis Coaches and my good self should convene with immediate effect to discuss the best candidates for the job. Clive or Elfsborg, straight referendum, maybe a coalition or someone from within the Network that KM has lined up. Nobby Vinegar, this could be your foot in the door...
  • Too late. They have interviewed 10 candidates in 24 hours and made an appointment. Results will show as always that this appointee is an improvement
  • Oh well, laundry basket will still be on standby should the new appointee not live up the chaperone duties required in this role I guess...
  • lungi.macebo@cafc.co.uk

They are taking the piss aren't they?

What's "taking the piss", getting you to direct your emails to CAFC HR Manager Lungi Macebo?
  • Sponsored links:

• The club has never run organised train travel, with the exception of the odd special train to major away games. The reason for this is that if it does it becomes liable for the behaviour of all supporters using it on railway property, which it cannot feasibly control. Publicising Syd's work was an effective workaround and people who travelled will have been mindful of and protective towards Syd and able to exert peer pressure when appropriate.

Once again, the administration shows that it has no idea what it is doing.
  • The club has never run organised train travel, with the exception of the odd special train to major away games. The reason for this is that if it does it becomes liable for the behaviour of all supporters using it on railway property, which it cannot feasibly control. Publicising Syd's work was an effective workaround and people who travelled will have been mindful of and protective towards Syd and able to exert peer pressure when appropriate.

I read it that it was just trying to invite a volunteer to pick up where Syd left of as presumably no one else has to date offered to do it ( a thankless task no doubt).

I didn't assume this would be a formal club owned and liable task just that they were trying to help get a fellow supporter to do it and offered a season ticket.

Even if they are wiling to take the risk of liability that's not a bad thing from a supporters perspective.
  • edited June 2016

The club has never run organised train travel, with the exception of the odd special train to major away games. The reason for this is that if it does it becomes liable for the behaviour of all supporters using it on railway property, which it cannot feasibly control. Publicising Syd's work was an effective workaround and people who travelled will have been mindful of and protective towards Syd and able to exert peer pressure when appropriate.

I read it that it was just trying to invite a volunteer to pick up where Syd left of as presumably no one else has to date offered to do it ( a thankless task no doubt).

I didn't assume this would be a formal club owned and liable task just that they were trying to help get a fellow supporter to do it and offered a season ticket.

Even if they are wiling to take the risk of liability that's not a bad thing from a supporters perspective.
    In that case the club is expecting an individual to take financial responsibility for handling fares paid in advance, assume personal liability and pay the rail companies.

It's one thing for Syd to have done that (in succession to CASC) and asked for the club to help promote it, quite another for the club to appoint someone.

Perhaps Meire should speak to Mick Everett about the issues of supporter behaviour on trains before they get involved.
  • Agree this is amateur hour yet again and half-baked. They want someone with lots of spare time to do this and take the risk, all for a season ticket (no doubt in the Lower North). Even the wording of the club article tells you they have very lttle idea what this all entails.

In that case the club is expecting an individual to take financial responsibility for handling fares paid in advance, assume personal liability and pay the rail companies.

It's one thing for Syd to have done that (in succession to CASC) and asked for the club to help promote it, quite another for the club to appoint someone.

Perhaps Meire should speak to Mick Everett about the issues of supporter behaviour on trains before they get involved.
    You misunderstand me. I read it they were perhaps just trying to help find someone willing to do what Syd has done I.e. offering their asistance to help Syd effectively find someone to pass it on to. That's not the same as expecting someone to take financial responsibility.

If alternatively they are being bold enough to take it on more formally you are then criticising them for trying to step in where no one else has come forward. History may say it's a poison chalice if our supporters can't behave but it's a bit odd to criticise the intention I.e. They could as well do nothing,

You misunderstand me. I read it they were perhaps just trying to help find someone willing to do what Syd has done I.e. offering their asistance to help Syd effectively find someone to pass it on to. That's not the same as expecting someone to take financial responsibility.

If alternatively they are being bold enough to take it on more formally you are then criticising them for trying to step in where no one else has come forward. History may say it's a poison chalice if our supporters can't behave but it's a bit odd to criticise the intention I.e. They could as well do nothing,
    I don't doubt the intention is good or criticise the club for that, but it is very, very naive. The individual would have to take financial responsibility - that's how group rail travel works - unless another entity, e.g. the club, does so.

Or looked at the other way around, the club would be appointing an individual - by virtue of offering a season ticket - and encouraging fans to trust him or her wth their money, handed over in advance.

It's not the behaviour of a responsible business or management with understanding of the real world.

I don't doubt the intention is good or criticise the club for that, but it is very, very naive. The individual would have to take financial responsibility - that's how group rail travel works - unless another entity, e.g. the club, does so.

Or looked at the other way around, the club would be appointing an individual - by virtue of offering a season ticket - and encouraging fans to trust him or her wth their money, handed over in advance.

It's not the behaviour of a responsible business or management with understanding of the real world.

As I say I haven't read it the same way you choose to and made the assumption you have.

I read it as helping to find someone to pass it in to in the same way it's been managed for several years. But of course I dont know either.

If it is a formal appointment you simply don't know on what basis the volunteer might be asked to manage it. Pure speculation.

I would imagine that Syd has been in dialogue with the club to get to this position and expect that he would have highlighted the issues associated with the unenviable task.

• They can't even spell "Charlton" right on the URL.