Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Motorbike trips to away games.

Any away games within about 70 miles, I'm thinking of going on my motorbike. Are there any other bikers who'd be interested in going in a group?

Comments

• edited July 2016

You could call it

"Sons of Addicky"

</thread>
  • edited July 2016
    Yes! I knew we'd have our own chapter out there somewhere :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

Yes! I knew we'd have our own chapter out there somewhere :wink:

More likely a couple of short Paragraph's ;)
  • What's the deal with crash lids on away days?

I wouldn't want to leave mine with the bike, i don't think.
  • I don't think I could be bothered. Too much hassle keeping your gear with you in a cramped area & I'd be worried about someone kicking my helmet from under my seat. Plus I couldn't drink.

@Dazzler21 How are you getting on with your XJ6 these days?
  • RedPanda said:

I don't think I could be bothered. Too much hassle keeping your gear with you in a cramped area & I'd be worried about someone kicking my helmet from under my seat. Plus I couldn't drink.

Yeah really well. It's more a commuter than a weekend toy, but this was expected... recent weather has been a bit of a wind up too!
  • Blimey I never had you down as a cross dresser :wink:
  • I'm in... ;)

Is that an old school photo?
  • Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

Put us down, we'll be there. ;)

Glad to see @ricky_otto is going to brave the sidecar with @RedChaser hanging on the back ;)
  • T.C.E said:

Put us down, we'll be there. ;)

Glad to see @ricky_otto is going to brave the sidecar with @RedChaser hanging on the back ;)
    I'm glad you didn't say "hanging out the back"
  • edited July 2016
    T.C.E said:

Put us down, we'll be there. ;)image

My late father his brother and their cousin went up to the North West one Easter weekend once to watch Charlton play Blackpool and Preston in a motorbike and sidecar IIRC the story. How long must that have taken, back in the day, without the roads network we have now :open_mouth: .
  • Here's a fellow lifer for the group. You can decide for yourself who it is.

• Here's a fellow lifer for the group. You can decide for yourself who it is.

Why has he got a bike shaped like Alan Pardew?
  • edited July 2016
    Check the mustard coloured Hillman Imp? out in the picture as well @cafcfan .
  • RedPanda said:

I don't think I could be bothered. Too much hassle keeping your gear with you in a cramped area & I'd be worried about someone kicking my helmet from under my seat. Plus I couldn't drink.

You obviously don't sit in the lower covered end then!!!
  • RedChaser said:

It's an NSU
  • Dazzler21 said:

What's the deal with crash lids on away days?

We went to welling v Blackburn in the FA cup and had our crash helmets taken from us and placed on top of rubbish bins! Over six hundred quid of New lids perched precariously on top of bins that could be knocked. We weren't happy at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

It's an NSU
    Why's it an issue? ;)
    Wrong side of the road I bet its doing at least 31/31 mph nick the b@st@rd.
  • Dazzler21 said:

We went to welling v Blackburn in the FA cup and had our crash helmets taken from us and placed on top of rubbish bins! Over six hundred quid of New lids perched precariously on top of bins that could be knocked. We weren't happy at all.

Dazzler21 said:

Was waiting for a quote from your good self,now who was the guy that went too all games both Home and Away by motorbike in the 1970,s .Can see his face but have forgoten his name,he also played football for alocal team in or about Erith or Bexleyheath.