Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good signs from the camp

Not looking to bad, hope there will be a few more signings, once we get a few long injuries we need good players to step in. Got some good youngsters coming along but not always good to throw them in at short notice, as has happened many times and thats not fair on the youngsters.

Comments

• I agree, but not sure this was worth a thread of its own
  • shine166 said:

I agree, but not sure this was worth a thread of its own

Always starts a new thread.
  • colin1961 said:

Jackson as spoke how good the feeling is around the club and Solly signing new deal ..... new players look good ..
    Time for the fans to come to the valley to support the team

I remember Jackson saying similar about KF...!!!

• jamescafc said:

colin1961 said:

Jackson as spoke how good the feeling is around the club and Solly signing new deal ..... new players look good ..

I remember Jackson saying similar about KF...!!!

So do I.
  • Saw this thread and wondered for a while, but then decided that I may have understood "the camp" reference incorrectly....

Just to be clear, you don't mean like Julian Clary or Kenneth Williams on Round the Horne, do you?
  • Need some proper midfielders asap otherwise the good feeling will turn to bad feeling pretty quickly. Chop chop Belgians and no injury prone journey men who have played 2 games in 2 years please.
  • Feel that the Belgians have learnt lessons but will not have the minerals to complete the job. I fear disapointment this year but then again i always do...
  • colin1961 said:

It's 11 o'clock at night for goodness sake.
    Will the lights be on?
    They very rarely are, where Colin's concerned.
  • We need at least 5 more signings before august.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Ain't these both players that you have openly admitted to not thinking are good enough?

I like what I have heard so far from Russell Slade and with the first raft of signings we got in I must confess to starting to feel excited about the new season ahead. However, with the lacklustre performance at Bromley last night, and the prospect of losing our best performers from last year soon I am starting to get slightly worried again. Hopefully when JBG and Jordan Cousins are sold we can continue to bring in some exciting and talented players for this level.
  • What's not to like Ricky? We got done by Bromley last night. Everything's rosy.
  • Dave2l has nailed the truth above. There's still alot of work to be done in the transfer market to get us a squad capable of achieving the aim of bouncing back to the champ at the first attempt.
  • Feel that the Belgians have learnt lessons but will not have the minerals to complete the job. I fear disapointment this year but then again i always do...

Roland's keenness to cut corners will ensure he never succeeds in English football
  • edited July 2016

Feel that the Belgians have learnt lessons but will not have the minerals to complete the job. I fear disapointment this year but then again i always do...

Roland's keenness to cut corners will ensure he never succeeds in English football
    Trouble is mate he's not the slightest bit interested in success on the pitch which incidentally is not helped by the fact that we can't even take a decent corner or defend one come to that :wink: .
  • Whether there are really good signs from the camp or not will slowly unfold. We know for sure that there will be nothing on the OS saying that everyone is pessimistic. There are, of course, a few season tickets to sell which will mean wanting an upbeat message to be sent out.

The players that were there last season know that it was a disaster. Those that have joined, including the manager, will be learning more about what really happened last year.

The sooner those that are leaving go, the better. Then, when the new recruits are in place a proper picture will start to emerge. Slade may well have the wherewithal to assemble a hotchpotch of players that click.

I'm an optimist by nature, but at this stage, I would settle for mid-table. I feel we are some way off being promotion candidates.

You can say that it's bad luck with the injuries but there must be doubts about whether some of these injured players will get through 10 or 20, let alone 50 odd, games this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Whether there are really good signs from the camp or not will slowly unfold. We know for sure that there will be nothing on the OS saying that everyone is pessimistic. There are, of course, a few season tickets to sell which will mean wanting an upbeat message to be sent out.

The players that were there last season know that it was a disaster. Those that have joined, including the manager, will be learning more about what really happened last year.

The sooner those that are leaving go, the better. Then, when the new recruits are in place a proper picture will start to emerge. Slade may well have the wherewithal to assemble a hotchpotch of players that click.

I'm an optimist by nature, but at this stage, I would settle for mid-table. I feel we are some way off being promotion candidates.

You can say that it's bad luck with the injuries but there must be doubts about whether some of these injured players will get through 10 or 20, let alone 50 odd, games this year.

More-or-less exactly what I'm thinking.

I think the club are doing things right at the moment, already very encouraged by Slade and who we've brought in so far, but the squad needs a total rebuild and a lot of talent will be leaving us... Cousins and JBG as good as confirmed, Pope looking very likely at this stage, and plenty more still to go... Not many of us can envisage Watt playing for us in League 1, for example.

The right things are happening though, those that we can't hold on to are on their way, players coming in look the right standard (or even better), and the dross are getting cut (Bergdich being the latest one). It's a huge ask to be competitive at the first time of asking with that amount of upheaval, bringing in a whole new team AND offloading the core of the current one.

If we can finish mid-table next season and Slade gets backing next summer I think that things will work out. My worry is that this will be seen as underachievement, he'll get sacked and we're back in square one. He might have made a rod for his own back by stating that play-offs is a "minimum requirement" though.
  • colin1961 said:

Or go to the away games to support the team, but not the regime.
  • edited July 2016
    colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Dave2l said:

We need at least 5 more signings before august.

Your not going to get them before Aug because the transfer window don't shut till end of Aug and as Slade says teams are not doing business at the moment till they get there squad sorted so it may take time to get the players we want

After taking at least 3-4 attempts to work out what you were saying, i think what you're trying to say is that we're going to wait until other clubs have done their transfer business first and got their squads sorted, then we'll snap up some unwanted players on the cheap at the end of August?
    we have offers in for players a team not going to sell until they have a replacement or see if they can start an auction ...... players out of contract again won't jump at the first offer as Slade says its awaiting game ...
    Players out of contract at the level we find ourselves will bite your hand off for a monthly contract. We are not looking to buy in or get out of contract players from the higher leagues. More like last year, have a look who's on a free from India.
    Slade will do what he's told despite what he says at press conferences. League 3 manager at a league 3 club in decline.
    You only have to remember this regimes track record for all hope to evaporate.
  • So, is one of the good signs, for the players' entrance going to be "Abandon hope all who enter here"?????

Sorry, just massively fecked off by the loss of Cousins for a paltry fee (one around whom I would hope we'd build a team).
  • We did. It got relegated.
  • People moan that Footballer earn too much money and are remote and out of touch with Joe Public. Yet Roland is building a team that will go part time in a couple of years and earn about 500 pounds a week.
    Fans and Players will be as one; the Egalitarian dream.
    I accept we must live within Duchatelet's half a billion fortune.