Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Turner

Was one of those hailed as the next best thing when he was in our academy... playing out of his socks in the play off final and just made a superb goalline block... always a shame when one of your own goes on to better things and we did nothing about it - remember watching him on loan at Orient, solid and assured - no worse than anything we've got and had him as ours for free

Comments

• Primus, Shittu, Turner. Assuming Hull make it, he'll be the 3rd centre half produced by the CA Youth System/Academy and released by Curbs to win promotion to the PL with other clubs. None of them as good as Rufus of course but, considering the crud we've watched at centre half this year, I'd gladly have any of them back.
  • We let him go because at the time we were a Premiership club and had four better centre halves on our books.

Darren Bent exposed his limitations in the Brentford cup tie and plenty of other prem strikers will too if they go up.
  • They are up!! Blimey Hull City premiership team.I thought they were a team of cloggers how wrong can you be
  • Well, whatever we think of him - Michael Turner (and the legendary Bryan Hughes) have played at Wembley this season & promoted to the Premier League. And we didn't......

Good luck to Hull, though .......every 'proper' club's supporters deserve at least their day in the sun.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Well, whatever we think of him - Michael Turner (and the legendary Bryan Hughes) have played at Wembley this season & promoted to the Premier League. And we didn't......

Good luck to Hull, though .......every 'proper' club's supporters deserve at least their day in the sun.

If we did make a mistake it was letting Bryan Hughes go given his record against all teams below prem level.
  • We've made a lot of mistakes in the past few seasons.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]If we did make a mistake it was letting Bryan Hughes go

i too think that and said so at the time
  • We offered him a deal, and he got a better offer at Hull, so we didn't let him go
  • Hull offered Hughes the security of a three year deal, and he took it.

I can't blame him for that, and I can't blame Charlton for not matching it.
  • Didn't know we tried to keep him...
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]We let him go because at the time we were a Premiership club and had four better centre halves on our books.

Darren Bent exposed his limitations in the Brentford cup tie and plenty of other prem strikers will too if they go up.[/quote]

Harsh but true, but credit to Michael Turner for making something of the opportunity that he got. I hope he enjoys the experience of playing in the Prem.
  • I saw the Leeds v Doncaster match and the Rovers right back, O'Connor looked real quality. He was bombing up in support all afternoon, looked like he had a bit of pace and a decent left foot as well.
  • Joining Fulham on loan ... Back with Curbs

Eh?... When did Curbs go back to Fulham?

Last week, as coach until the end of the season
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2981545/Alan-Curbishley-joins-Fulham-s-coaching-team-remainder-season.html
  • Fulham manager next season.

Last week, as coach until the end of the season
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2981545/Alan-Curbishley-joins-Fulham-s-coaching-team-remainder-season.html
    Ohhhh yeahhhh lol!