Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    You've been creating some cheery threads lately, Chizz.. ;)

Pretty nasty. The immediate reports that claimed the Morrocan attacker did it as he deemed their dress style was "immodest" was also nasty, not sure why someone felt the need to embellish a shit story with a shitty undertone.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Pretty nasty. The immediate reports that claimed the Morrocan attacker did it as he deemed their dress style was "immodest" was also nasty, not sure why someone felt the need to embellish a shit story with a shitty undertone.

There have been some nasty incidents in the last few days. They all have some similarities and significant differences.

I guess we're all a bit spooked right now.
  • Options
    Indeed. But in not sure this is the right vehicle for all of them.

We always tried to balance being a bit of a sanctuary away from 'incidents' other the very major ones. Think the balance might be getting a bit too 'newsy' considering most of the news is depressing or negative incidents.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Chizz said:

LuckyReds said:

There have been some nasty incidents in the last few days. They all have some similarities and significant differences.

I guess we're all a bit spooked right now.
    There are always nasty incidents, all the time. To an extent, it's being reported because it's just flavour of the month with the media. Normally the UK press wouldn't bother with the story unless a Brit was involved. You know that type of thing: Wolverhampton pensioner needs stitches in finger with 50 foreigners dead as a footnote. Remember when the press was full of vast numbers of dangerous dog attack stories? I bet there's still the same number of dog attacks but they don't get reported any more unless there's a particularly newsworthy element.
    So, this bus crash, although the driver appears to be entirely culpable, didn't touch the sides of the UK papers. Mumbai-Pune Expressway accident: 17 dead, 43 injured as bus crashes into two cars. I guess as over 100,000 people die on India's roads every year we become inured to it.