Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dismiss Button

Quick question for the mods... Went to edit my Match Preview for the Leyton Orient game a minute ago and noticed a Dismiss button above the Edit button, accidentally clicked this and my write-up briefly disappeared (Refreshed my screen and it returned)...

Is this button being put into circulation so if we post by mistake, rather than edit with a "." we can simply delete it?

Edit... I've now seen that this option has completely disappeared so I look like a lunatic?... What the hell is going on!!

Comments

• I think it regards 'Announcements'.

If you don't want them at the top of your page, you click 'dismiss' and it becomes like a normal post to you.
  • Cheers thought I was going mad as never seen it before
  • I'm trying to jump the queue ahead of @i_b_b_o_r_g for the next mod post that comes up
  • I think its because my Previews dont usually get turned into Announcements so quick and usually have to edit my posts a few times beforehand which is what threw me
  • I thought he was sold to Fulham
  • edited July 2016
    So i dismissed the Tony Watt thread and now it's gone from any view :lol:

As if he never existed.
  • Ben18 said:

I'm trying to jump the queue ahead of @i_b_b_o_r_g for the next mod post that comes up

Welcome to it mate, know when I'm not wanted
  • Ben18 said:

I'm trying to jump the queue ahead of @i_b_b_o_r_g for the next mod post that comes up

Phew!!... So glad when people dont need a hint!! ;)
  • Quick question for the mods... Went to edit my Match Preview for the Leyton Orient game a minute ago and noticed a Dismiss button above the Edit button, accidentally clicked this and my write-up briefly disappeared (Refreshed my screen and it returned)...

Is this button being put into circulation so if we post by mistake, rather than edit with a "." we can simply delete it?

Edit... I've now seen that this option has completely disappeared so I look like a lunatic?... What the hell is going on!!

Will look into it
  • Sponsored links:

• Does this mean that I could make a controversial post, dismiss it and never know what war I have started?
  • Ben18 said:

Wish it had of deleted your boring preview permanently
  • Ben18 said:

No need to get personal :cry:
  • Everyone will be pressing it, to get rid of our CEO.
  • Thought it might have been a new technological innovation Katrien had brought in to make the firing of half a dozen managers a season even quicker and easier
  • edited July 2016

Ben18 said:

No need to get personal :cry:
    Only joking babe
  • Any chance of a block button ?
  • shine166 said:

Any chance of a block button ?

This would be great... Instead of having bans on people we should be allowed to block posts from certain people (Only being able to see something if its quoted)
  • Can I have a "Sheffield United will come good" button?
  • I thought he was sold to Fulham

I thought he was sold to Fulham

Ohhhh I get it now. Took a couple minutes. Didn't realize he'd moved to Fulham.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

This would be great... Instead of having bans on people we should be allowed to block posts from certain people (Only being able to see something if its quoted)

Works well on other forums I use and would stop threads turning into ego trips or rants about certain members
  • shine166 said:

If only eh? I'd be playing I Spy on my jax