Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Internet interceptors

Anyone follow this?

Quite shocking how close some of it is!

Comments

• Yeah I do.

Disgusting nonces. The bloke who was meeting the 15 year old boy at Erith KFC used to collect the glasses at T's nightclub.
  • There was one last week, 26 year old thinking he was meeting a 15 year old lad in Bexleyheath Broadway.

Works in the co op in plumstead, how many kids has he interacted with on a daily basis at work!
  • smiffyboy said:

When's it on?

It's an online thing, they have a website or you can follow on Facebook or Twitter
  • just a shit "to catch a predator"
  • This has been popping up all over my Facebook everywhere today. Wasn't too sure how legitimate it was considering the amount of spelling mistakes in every description.

Also, not sure it's right for people's photos to be published online and 'hung out to dry' before they've been given a trial.
  • I hate nonces but justice is meant to come from legitimate sources and via someone in the bedroom pretending to be a kid to trap a nonce, if the OB want to do that then it's fine but I have issues with taking it into the hands of vigilanties

Completely agree. By all means pass any intelligence to the rozzers, but otherwise all you are doing is making a conviction less likely and endangering more kids
  • I hate nonces but justice is meant to come from legitimate sources and via someone in the bedroom pretending to be a kid to trap a nonce, if the OB want to do that then it's fine but I have issues with taking it into the hands of vigilanties

Serious question

Do you have an issue with the criminal convictions that have come about as a result of these traps?

I can't say I don't have issues with it being spread all over the Internet before any sort of trial but I can't say I have a problem with catching nonces

Absolutely this. I've had a few friends 'like' some of the recent videos on Facebook and having seen it pop up in my newsfeed I've had a look. I get the point they are doing it to get these people out in the open but it really should be done by the old bill and no one else, purely to ensure justice is done properly.

Nonce or not, how can anyone have a fair trial with this video footage? Surely it wouldnt be admissable as evidence in a court of law?
  • Sponsored links:

• I've never been comfortable with To Catch A Predator, if only for the sordid use of the process as mass entertainment.

I saw one episode where the 'predator' didn't run. He stayed and insisted he believed the young man he was meeting was 18. While I don't know if that was proven either way, he'd been tried by TV, and his sexual proclivities, while objectionable for some, were perhaps entirely legal - but now revealed to the world. Maybe he was a nonce, but it's not for a TV production company to decide.
  • There was a recent episode of 24 hours in police custody that was all about this. The coppers were basically saying that overall it doesn't help them and makes getting a conviction tougher. Though it could be argued that those people might go undetected for years so at least this brings them to the attention of the police and might deter them from actually going through with something in the future.

Serious question

Do you have an issue with the criminal convictions that have come about as a result of these traps?

I can't say I don't have issues with it being spread all over the Internet before any sort of trial but I can't say I have a problem with catching nonces
    One day they will get it wrong and the person they pick on will either sue the arse off them or worse still, beat the living shit out of them.

let the police do their job
  • Posted this last year when the Unknown TV group were doing the same

Not sure on this subject tbh.

On one hand theoretically it is exposing wrong uns , something none of us can argue with. But I watched one of the Unknown 'arrests' and wasn't 100% sold on the individuals or the way they were handling themselves.

People are trained to do jobs for a reason, and in this case though the police are anything but perfect, I'd rather this line of 'work' be maintained by them rather than people pretending to be them. Mental vulnerability of some of their 'victims', the methods undertaken in the set up of the honey trap, the handling of the 'citizens arrest', all grey areas.

Will be interesting to see further down the line what convictions it leads, but equally what lawsuits they may potentially face if they get it wrong. And they will get it wrong.
  • I find it very difficult to understand how anyone can want to expose themselves to the world these weird sicko peado predators exist in,

OB that deal with this shit are beaten by it mentally, sone of the images they see must haunt them, when that old rock star said he had images for research for a book I couldn't help but think there's nothing I would rather not see to write a book,

These people the Internet interceptors without doubt must have to access some vile shit places to make initial contact with their potential next target, that bothers me

The fact that they are not by any means checked themselves bothers me

Then you have their viability of a trustworthy witness what if they used this shit to score a point or as a vendetta

It's not the sort of space I'd want to find myself mooching about in, in the name of catching a peado

As a dad I think I would really hurt a peado if I knew that one was near me, and my family now if I feel that way I am sure others do and as such these groups are quite a dangerous outfit if the wrong people become part of them from both sides if what they are trying to protect

The OB get it wrong on numerous occasions these lot get it wrong but put it on TV first the consequences could be horrific for the persons involved
  • Similar sort of set up a guy called Stinson hunter, think he was the 1st to do it, he caught a guy and after being exposed the guy committed Suicide the guys wife was trying to get Stinson hunter done for murder saying she had robbed a child of its father, the guy in question wanted to have sex without a condom with what he thought was a 13 year old with learning difficulties, so the worlds a better place without him, shame more of them don't go down the same route, as it's not a disease it's being a fucking nonce. Shocking to see how many of them are around in one area, spoke to a family freind who is a police officer and I asked why cant the police do a similar set up he said that because a lot of the time you can't get a conviction to stick because it's just chatting over a computer they can slip out of it, also the anti peado unit in the met isn't that big, more should be done but like everything in this country it's overstretched.
  • It is a difficult issue.

One would hope instinctively that the authorities would do the job but when political correctness comes into play preventing proper action by those authorities, such as in Rotherham for example, one can understand, if not actively condone, the vigilante motivation.