Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well Done Danny

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
Lot of talk on the board, justifiably, about Jonjo, Wright, Arter and Wagstaff lets also keep an eye out for Danny Uchechi, who has pulled up a few trees for a Nigeria representative team and offers something for the future.

danny Boy

Comments

• Agreed Kap - that is a great achievement. Well done to Uchi.
  • Another success for our youth team, this could turn out to be the best crop of young players for some time.
  • edited May 2008
    he's a good player
  • edited May 2008
    Hopefully he'll make it as a Charlton player, but if not he has a career ahead of him as a pro.
  • The current crop of youngsters reminds me of the 80's when we had a crop of youngsters and other club rejects developed by Lennies regime, resulting in Mickey Bennet, Carlo, Morts and I am sure a few others.
  • Morts was from non-league somewhere though, and already 19 if I remember - so didn't come through the youth ranks.

We'd signed him as a left back after he'd just had a trial at Fulham but they didn't keep him.
    Therir loss, our gain.

Hadn't he been working in a bookshop or something ? Seem to remember years ago a picture of the young Morts with glasses.

Or is my memory playing tricks after 20 years?