Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rated People

Paid nearly £500 for plumber to fix leak and left with a different leak. Naive cos he wanted cash to buy a new pump. Wanted more money to fix the leak he created. Complained on Rated People website and they refused to let me post that he was a cowboy. Don't use them or Precision Plumbing of Sunbury. He can expect a visit from HM R&C.

Comments

• Sorry to hear that. I can't stand that sort of thing. People knocking people out of their hard earned money and showing zero professionalism - some of the ones you see on that rogue traders make you want to beat the crap out of them.

• I think rated people just charges building trades companies to advertise on them, so they don't want bad reviews (because then they loose the building company from their site and hence their income) - it's just a misnomer, because all it is a job advertising board - here's my repair, do you want to quote for it, my mates think I'm great look at the nice things they posted about me.
  • edited August 2016
    cabbles said:

Sorry to hear that. I can't stand that sort of thing. People knocking people out of their hard earned money and showing zero professionalism - some of the ones you see on that rogue traders make you want to beat the crap out of them.

Next week on rogues traders, Roger Johnson, the full story.
  • Huskaris said:

cabbles said:

Sorry to hear that. I can't stand that sort of thing. People knocking people out of their hard earned money and showing zero professionalism - some of the ones you see on that rogue traders make you want to beat the crap out of them.

Next week on rogues traders, Roger Johnson, the full story.
    Before or after the watershed?
  • Paid nearly £500 for plumber to fix leak and left with a different leak. Naive cos he wanted cash to buy a new pump. Wanted more money to fix the leak he created. Complained on Rated People website and they refused to let me post that he was a cowboy. Cunts. Don't use them or Precision Plumbing of Sunbury. He can expect a visit from HM R&C.

I ask on here if I need a tradesman and have never been let down.
  • Paid nearly £500 for plumber to fix leak and left with a different leak. Naive cos he wanted cash to buy a new pump. Wanted more money to fix the leak he created. Complained on Rated People website and they refused to let me post that he was a cowboy. Cunts. Don't use them or Precision Plumbing of Sunbury. He can expect a visit from HM R&C.

Talking of which, anyone know a good plumber in the Whitstable/Canterbury/Herne Bay area?
  • I only use Polish plumbers.

They'll work non stop all day for £60 cash.

#fuckbrexit
  • Rated People re jokers and take no responsibility
  • Can anyone recommend or know of someone who can take down and dispose of an asbestos garage please.

Talking of which, anyone know a good plumber in the Whitstable/Canterbury/Herne Bay area?
    Mum lives in Whitstable, will PM you, she has a good one
  • Sponsored links:

• Badger said:

Can anyone recommend or know of someone who can take down and dispose of an asbestos garage please.

The council? I had a roofer take an asbestos roof off my garage and his brother in the on the council took it away free :) he was based in Chelmsford. Bit of a long shot but PM if you want the name
  • With leaks it's always best to go through your insurer (I've had 2 in the past 2 months!) horrible thing to happen.
  • Badger said:

Can anyone recommend or know of someone who can take down and dispose of an asbestos garage please.

Katrien Meire... oh sorry, I thought you said "take down a well respected English football club and dispose of its best players"

Dyno plumbing, fully qualified, vetted plumbers.
  • in the trade myself all be it not out on the tools, we are constantly getting harassed by rated people who want us to sign up to them, its a shit service and they just want the fees they can charge you for getting you work, for any plumbers you want go on to the ciphe which is the chartered institute of plumbing and heating engineers and they should be able to recommend you 4 or 5 good local plumbers, the ciphe isnt that easy to get accredited by hence why it has a high quality.
  • edited August 2016
    Addickted said:

I only use Polish plumbers.

They'll work non stop all day for £60 cash.

#fuckbrexit

And the finished job will be worth less than a quarter of that.

#fuckeu

:wink:
  • Can't stand tradesmen from hell as much as I can't stand customers from hell and there's plenty of them about.

Hope you get a result Harvey