Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No issue with “Roland Out” banners – West Midlands Police

http://www.castrust.org/2016/08/no-issue-with-roland-out-banners-west-midlands-police/

Thought this deserves its own thread so as to get the message out loud and clear before Saturday

Comments

• Well done again Praue for getting to the bottom of this. I presume there will be a letter on its way to Walsall chairman fairly shortly.
  • redman said:

Well done again Praue for getting to the bottom of this. I presume there will be a letter on its way to Walsall chairman fairly shortly.

Was about to say the same, now you have eliminated the police as suspects the next step is to question the butler Chairman
  • redman said:

Well done again Praue for getting to the bottom of this. I presume there will be a letter on its way to Walsall chairman fairly shortly.

Mr Jeff Bonser, Walsall Chairman.
  • Hats off to you, Prague, for following this one up.
  • Thank you to CAS Trust and Prague for this incredibly professional, open, and friendly exchange. This obviously is great for clarification, but also shows that the movement against Roland are open and willing to discuss matters with the police, which I think sets an excellent precedent.

As far as clubs being able to make their own rules regarding what banners are displayed, I'm somewhat disheartened but not particularly surprised.
  • Nice job @PragueAddick - I just hope that we don't start to see a spate of these issues from clubs that we are visiting. It's great that WM Police were so swift with their response.
  • edited August 2016
    tbh the police were if anything agreeing that the club is run like a joke from memory the 3 i spoke with were all west brom fans and said they dont blame us for wanting him out, all they said is that if anyone was to attempt to go over to the flag it would end in an arrest.
  • Sponsored links:

• tbh the police were if anything agreeing that the club is run like a joke from memory the 3 i spoke with were all west brom fans and said they dont blame us for wanting him out, all they said is that if anyone was to attempt to go over to the flag it would end in an arrest.

To be fair, when I read it that was also how the comment from Chief OB came across to me too. All it seemed to be missing was a "good luck" at the end.
  • tbh the police were if anything agreeing that the club is run like a joke from memory the 3 i spoke with were all west brom fans and said they dont blame us for wanting him out, all they said is that if anyone was to attempt to go over to the flag it would end in an arrest.

Stands well for free speech that.. Cover up the speech intended on the flag, then as covered up you are threatened with arrest by approaching it.

Hmm...
  • edited August 2016
    Walsall Chairman, enemy of football.
  • As has often been opined on this forum 'They bought the wrong club'.
  • the flag was in a different part of the ground to where the fans were housed, so it would of meant getting over the barriers and walking across the pitch past quite a few ob. so i can see why they said it.
  • the flag was in a different part of the ground to where the fans were housed, so it would of meant getting over the barriers and walking across the pitch past quite a few ob. so i can see why they said it.

Fair enough, I'd request my flag back.

KM and cahones words to Walsall chairman, obviously.

Fair enough, I'd request my flag back.

KM and cahones words to Walsall chairman, obviously.
    they did say we can take it down and give it back but we cant unfold it.
  • Nice job @PragueAddick - I just hope that we don't start to see a spate of these issues from clubs that we are visiting. It's great that WM Police were so swift with their response.

It's exactly this concern that made us take this step. We have now established a very clear precedent from WMP, and that puts us all in a very strong position, but we are still wondering if we should now be proactive with other police forces before games. Write to them upfront, tell them about the Walsall experience and the WMP response, and express the hope that this force would have the same attitude. That would be a bit of work, apart from anything else. We plan to discuss it within CARD.

It does sound the way to go.

However, I'm not volunteering to write to all the OB we'll be visiting this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016

Nice job @PragueAddick - I just hope that we don't start to see a spate of these issues from clubs that we are visiting. It's great that WM Police were so swift with their response.

It's exactly this concern that made us take this step. We have now established a very clear precedent from WMP, and that puts us all in a very strong position, but we are still wondering if we should now be proactive with other police forces before games. Write to them upfront, tell them about the Walsall experience and the WMP response, and express the hope that this force would have the same attitude. That would be a bit of work, apart from anything else. We plan to discuss it within CARD.

It does sound the way to go.

However, I'm not volunteering to write to all the OB we'll be visiting this year.
  • Prague, worth forwarding to that nice Mr Eager, the ex plod bloke, so he knows what is allowed banner wise.
  • http://www.castrust.org/2016/08/no-issue-with-roland-out-banners-west-midlands-police/

Thought this deserves its own thread so as to get the message out loud and clear before Saturday

Where are me and my 26 mates meeting you Saturday Prague?
  • 'PC Spencer continues that the Charlton supporters that then approached him to question the decision were nothing short of respectful and polite. Whilst they understood it was the stewards acting under their remit and not Police Officers at no time did they present any hostile behaviour towards us'

Well done whoever that was

This is the kind of thing that Sue Parkes describes as 'disgusting'?
  • Jeff loves Katrien.
  • Has the Walsall chairman apologised to Russell Slade yet?

A sound plan.
  • So, who got it wrong in the opening comment in the "Regime Suppressing Free Speech" thread?