Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oliver Burke Nottingham Forest , related to the low fees we get for players .

19 year old winger , just been sold to Red Bull Leipzig for 13 (yes thirteen) million quid! To be quite honest I know nothing about him . I've got a mate that supports Forest and he thinks this is undervalued.

Now I know that ours are officially "undisclosed" but I'm pretty sure we ain't getting these sort of fees. If this guy is worth £13m then Lookman is worth minimum £6m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37210754

Comments

• edited August 2016
    I wish something good would happen to our transfer negotiations , we've been flogging our best players far too cheaply for years, partly explains why we are where we are , we're not particualrly savvy as a club when it comes to transfer dealings.
  • edited August 2016
    Forest fans appear to be outraged at the fact they've sold him. Never seen him play but heard reports about him and he's been likened to Gareth Bale.

Forest had made a solid start to the season and he's the championship's top scorer, they seem to think they could've got 20m at the end of this season.

Seems the player wasn't looking for a move either ""When I found out Forest had agreed a deal to sell me it was a surprise"
  • Think this one is so off the grid that it has no relation to our or other football league fees.

Although if I was KM and needed to hit sales targets I'd be spending time in Liepsig.
  • Forest fans appear to be outraged at the fact they've sold him. Never seen him play but heard reports about him and he's been likened to Gareth Bale.

Forest had made a solid start to the season and he's the championship's top scorer, they seem to think they could've got 20m at the end of this season.

Seems the player wasn't looking for a move either ""When I found out Forest had agreed a deal to sell me it was a surprise"

Bloody big surprise when he found out it was Leipzig I'd guess.
  • Forest fans appear to be outraged at the fact they've sold him. Never seen him play but heard reports about him and he's been likened to Gareth Bale.

Bloody big surprise when he found out it was Leipzig I'd guess.
    He's from Kirkcaldy - Leipzig will look like heaven in comparison !
  • edited August 2016
    RB Leipzig are the most hated club in Germany: Owned by Red Bull, with a crafty sponsor's name, they have outpriced fan power and are now aiming at Bayern Munich
    RB Leipzig have won promotion to the Bundesliga, but few are happyThe club is owned by Red Bull chief Dietrich Mateschitz.
    He had to invent a name that got round German sponsorship rules.
    The club also quashed the 50+1 rule by hiking membership prices.
    Mateschitz has ambitions of winning the Bundesliga in next few years.
    Six promotions in 7 years.

If anyone has watched the goals from the Championship this kid is different class, the fact that Red Bull's money has beaten the premiership giants is still a surprise.

As his agent Said,

More Oliver, More.

Would he have been a Burke to turn it down ?
  • Has the move been completed yet? Surprised that a premier league team ain't in the running if he's that good.

Forest had made a solid start to the season and he's the championship's top scorer, they seem to think they could've got 20m at the end of the season.

Think they've got a point when you see McCormack etc going for about the same and Burke is a lot younger.
  • buckshee said:

Has the move been completed yet? Surprised that a premier league team ain't in the running if he's that good.

Definitely confirmed, the player has already posted it on twitter.

Premier league sides were interested but Red bull blew them away with such a big bid.

It's an unusual move but can't see it doing him any harm. At least he'll get good experience playing for a side with European ambitions. If he'd gone to United, City, Chelsea etc, he'd be back on loan in the championship by January
  • Sponsored links:

• I got slated on this forum last year by saying we had basically given Gomez away.
  • I got slated on this forum last year by saying we had basically given Gomez away.

Had I been a part of this forum last year I would have wholeheartedly agreed with you. My jaw dropped when I saw the number.
  • Didn't Gomez have a buyout clause?
  • edited August 2016

RB Leipzig are the most hated club in Germany: Owned by Red Bull, with a crafty sponsor's name, they have outpriced fan power and are now aiming at Bayern Munich
    RB Leipzig have won promotion to the Bundesliga, but few are happyThe club is owned by Red Bull chief Dietrich Mateschitz.
    He had to invent a name that got round German sponsorship rules.
    The club also quashed the 50+1 rule by hiking membership prices.
    Mateschitz has ambitions of winning the Bundesliga in next few years.
    Six promotions in 7 years.

If anyone has watched the goals from the Championship this kid is different class, the fact that Red Bull's money has beaten the premiership giants is still a surprise.

As his agent Said,

More Oliver, More.

Would he have been a Burke to turn it down ?

Agree he's a very good player. Watched Forest vs. Burton and he looked unplayable at times.

The counter to "The most hated club in Germany" (which I think is largely true) is that as my German friend puts it, it's nice that there is some investment and some success in the old eastern block, which continues to really struggle. My friend born and bred Dortmund, but seems to welcome the competition.
  • Keep saying he sell,s money goes in his pocket not ours will never change.
  • More British players should consider moves abroad.

Rojo?

I don't think anyone would seriously disagree with you. However, goalscoring wingers are always going to cost more than defenders.

Well not from me.

I think the fee is shockingly low, and I believe Olly Groome of this and another parish wrote that the reported fee of 3.5 million was way too low, and that it is much higher.

I have also heard that it was his dad that churned the transfer and accelerated Joe's departure...allegedly, and that there was even a get out clause for Gomez of about 3 million.
  • I think our problem is we are trying to get young players to sign contracts and they may not be overly keen on doing so , the only way may be to get a buy out clause put in hence why Gomez went for a low fee and why Lookman will also go for cheap (undisclosed)
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't Gomez have a buyout clause?

Yes. Don't let the facts get in the way of the story though - @The_President & @SDAddick are very angry about it all !
  • edited August 2016
    buckshee said:

19 year old winger , just been sold to Red Bull Leipzig for 13 (yes thirteen) million quid! To be quite honest I know nothing about him . I've got a mate that supports Forest and he thinks this is undervalued.

Now I know that ours are officially "undisclosed" but I'm pretty sure we ain't getting these sort of fees. If this guy is worth £13m then Lookman is worth minimum £6m

So you know nothing about him, but deduce that Lookman must be worth £6M, if a player you know nothing about is worth £13M ?

Lookman may be worth £6M, but a player is only worth what a club is willing to pay.
  • edited August 2016
    So, as I understand it, he's the Sweaty Mini Bale to go with their Mini Messi?
  • buckshee said:

I think our problem is we are trying to get young players to sign contracts and they may not be overly keen on doing so , the only way may be to get a buy out clause put in hence why Gomez went for a low fee and why Lookman will also go for cheap (undisclosed)

Apparently Lookman doesn't have a buy out clause.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/668787/Ademola-Lookman-No-Release-Clause-Charlton-Transfer-News-Liverpool-Arsenal-Target

Won't stop him going for a relatively low fee of course.
  • buckshee said:

So you know nothing about him, but deduce that Lookman must be worth £6M, if a player you know nothing about is worth £13M ?.
    Yep , you've got it

I think you'll find there was a silent majority who would have agreed with you. A criminally low fee & if the scousers met the buyout clause why wasn't our fucking incompetent excuse for a ceo hawking him round another 19 premier league clubs to drive the price up ? Still, whatever fee they get for players makes no difference to Charlton Athletic.
  • edited September 2016
    Just Set up the winning goal on his debut. Against Borussia Dortmund.
  • There u go, love Cousins but different gravy