Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Live - Rochdale Preview - Podcast now out

edited September 2016 in General Charlton
http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/listen-live/

Tonight we'll look back at Tuesday's 1-1 draw with Oldham, hearing from Slade and Magennis, talk about my interview with Thomas Driesen in Tuesday's SLP and what you can expect from part 2 of the interview tomorrow.

Charlton connection this week is Dale Stephens and we'll look ahead to Saturday's game with Rochdale.

Tune in on the above link live from 7pm!

Comments

• I've got a phone call in 15 minutes here (unfortunately you guys are on in the middle of the day here on the west coast of the US), but I would like to hear your thoughts on the two senior players who have not yet played for us this year--Tex and Ba. I know that you guys don't think highly of Ba, but given our struggles with athleticism and technical ability in central midfield, surely he's worth at least a run out in the Chek-a-trade yourself before you wreck-a-trade your (copyright 2016 @Leuth ) trophy. If his attitude is rubbish either coach it out of him or fine him every week. We don't have a big enough squad to be picky.
  • Tex is the best centre back in the division and he scores goals. We shouldn't care if he is gone in January, we should use him now. Our midfield is slow and lacking in ability, Ba would be a hell of a risk but playing a ponderous midfield that can't compete is an even bigger risk. The midfield needs emergency treatment. What would be wrong with seeing how they go in the EFL? If they refuse to play, suspend them and save money.
  • edited September 2016
    Slade is negative - when he was with Cardiff they were 1-0 up against us and we went down to 10 men. Peeters gambled with three at the back and we pressed them. He gambled on Slade being a coward and it paid off and we get a draw as Slade was frightened to react and go for a second, which he should have done. When 1-0 up against Wimbledon and Oldham he was frightened to go for it. On Tuesday he didn't take Novak off until the 89th minute and kept Botaka on the bench. No urgency in terms of what was happening on the pitch because we were winning. The changes may not have worked, but the desperation wasn't there and the inevitable happened.
  • I have a slightly different take in that against Wimbledon when Elliott (I think it was) came on and started to cause us problems he should have brought on Bauer. And on Tuesday against Oldham when it was clear that we were getting overrun in midfield he brought on another winger for a central midfielder and went 4-2-2-2 instead of 4-3-3 and matching them for numbers in midfield. I think his substitutions are more naive than anything, but I think the way he has his team playing is incredibly negative. How many good first half performances have we had this season? Shrewsbury, any other game?
  • Stephens gave the ball away because he was always looking to do something positive with it. Too many of our players always take the easy option, even if the player they pass to is in a worse position than they are, and leave the boos to them. Example - Fox played a ball into the centre on Tuesday that allowed Oldham to close us down when Lookman was calling for it on the left. A slightly harder ball, only slightly harder, but we would have been at them.
  • Stephens gave the ball away because he was always looking to do something positive with it. Too many of our players always take the easy option, even if the player they pass to is in a worse position than they are, and leave the boos to them. Example - Fox played a ball into the centre on Tuesday that allowed Oldham to close us down when Lookman was calling for it on the left. A slightly harder ball, only slightly harder, but we would have been at them.

The Stephens who used to get slatted on here week after week you mean?
  • Podcast is now out

Join Louis Mendez, Tom Wallin and Nathan Muller as they look back at the 1-1 draw with Oldham Athletic. They hear from Russell Slade and Josh Magennis and then Louis talks about his exclusive interview with network scout Thomas Driesen. They then talk about a relative of a club official suggesting they should rename the Jimmy Seed Stand, CARD’s latest statement and look ahead to the Rochdale game.

Charlton Live is available live on Maritime Radio on Thursday and Sunday evenings from 7pm – head to 101.4fm, www.maritimeradio.london or www.charltonlive.co.uk to listen in.

You can also hear us on the go via the tune in app – search for Charlton Live.

To contact us – email studio@charltonlive.co.uk or tweet @charltonlive

STREAM ONLINE - http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/2016/09/29/big-match-preview-rochdale-at-home/

DOWNLOAD AS A PODCAST FROM ACAST - https://www.acast.com/charltonlive

Also available on iTunes.