Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham away 25/10/16, non-advanced purchase train tickets

I take it everybody knows that there are numerous trains from Victoria, London Bridge and Stratford.

Rochester is a nice place for a drink.

Comments

• I take it everybody knows that there are numerous trains from Victoria, London Bridge and Stratford.

Great!!... I've got you lot descending on to my home town!! ;)
  • I've heard Strood is a lovely place for a drink as well.
  • colthe3rd said:

I've heard Strood is a lovely place for a drink as well.

There is one nice pub in Strood but its right at the bottom of my road so not telling you all what it is
  • colthe3rd said:

There is one nice pub in Strood but its right at the bottom of my road so not telling you all what it is
    Is the Cecil Arms still open in Strood? Went in there a few times about ten years ago, pretty rough pub, but always a good laugh.
  • colthe3rd said:

Is the Cecil Arms still open in Strood? Went in there a few times about ten years ago, pretty rough pub, but always a good laugh.
    I've not lived in Strood for long (only just over a year)... the Cecil Arms though appears to be closed after a quick search... The Sportsman is the pub that I mention, its not the biggest and is a bit of a walk from the Station (about 5mins)
  • I take it everybody knows that there are numerous trains from Victoria, London Bridge and Stratford.

Medway's a shithole I wanna go home...

Ahh shit.

Medway's a shithole I wanna go home...

Ahh shit.
    For a few of us it seems.
  • I can recommend the new spoons in Chatham as a watering hole. A few football fans would probably raise the tone a bit.
  • I agree Cantersaddick, all very posh in there. better than anything else in Medway
  • Sponsored links:

• As a Strood resident, I'm still stunned at The Sportsman & nice pub in the same sentence if I'm honest
  • Lived in Strood 7 years. Usually dink in the Steam Packet outside Station. New Pub opened under rail arch behind asda car park called Arch ??? Representing the ??? Arch from Victoria. Sorry but forgot no. Access through side gate. Quite a few real ales / ciders if that's what you seek. Otherwise Rochester High.Street. New station now open.
  • Save yourselves the misery chaps. Rochester United V Ashford looks a better bet.
  • edited October 2016

Game is on 22/10 Elfs.

Nice one. Everybody was going to have a nice peaceful day out and you've gone and ruined it. :smiley:
  • palcafc said:

I agree Cantersaddick, all very posh in there. better than anything else in Medway

Nice pub. Don't venture too far down the high street though...
  • As a Strood resident, I'm still stunned at The Sportsman & nice pub in the same sentence if I'm honest

I am comparing it to the Weston Arms which is closer to home though ;)
  • That Spoons will soon be integrated into the Chatham vibe of 1) desperation 2) undercurrent of impending violence and 3) benefit weekenders...

I give it 6 months.

Nice pubs in outlying villages but the Towns is fookin desperate!
  • Acab said:

Lived in Strood 7 years. Usually dink in the Steam Packet outside Station. New Pub opened under rail arch behind asda car park called Arch ??? Representing the ??? Arch from Victoria. Sorry but forgot no. Access through side gate. Quite a few real ales / ciders if that's what you seek. Otherwise Rochester High.Street. New station now open.

Anywhere to bye 2 extra large chorizo sausages in a roll.
    I only ask as iknow that's your favourite
  • 10.50 from Victoria Acab it's called very good and about 5 to 10 minute walk from the Station
  • I think the designated away pub is the fleur de lis in Gillingham ! 5 mins from station and ground , Gillingham cricketers and the star are both good options
  • Sponsored links:

• Fleur de list does not look good I will be going else where before hand
  • Any news on allocation and buying match tickets for this? Still can't see anything on official site.
  • 2800 tickets on sale now look on official site for details
  • I think the designated away pub is the fleur de lis in Gillingham ! 5 mins from station and ground , Gillingham cricketers and the star are both good options

The fleur is a shithole. Other two are decent enough!
  • Cheers Walshie.

Does anyone know if the club are still charging the £2.50 "purchase over the phone" charge when they are not selling tickets online for this?

• Cheers Walshie.

Does anyone know if the club are still charging the £2.50 "purchase over the phone" charge when they are not selling tickets online for this?

Did for me this week
  • Acab said:

Lived in Strood 7 years. Usually dink in the Steam Packet outside Station. New Pub opened under rail arch behind asda car park called Arch ??? Representing the ??? Arch from Victoria. Sorry but forgot no. Access through side gate. Quite a few real ales / ciders if that's what you seek. Otherwise Rochester High.Street. New station now open.

Anywhere to bye 2 extra large chorizo sausages in a roll.
    I only ask as iknow that's your favourite
    Chorizo in Strood, you having a laugh. Local delicacy is kebab, chips, more kebab more chips. 2 litre coke to wash down.
  • I walked up Chatham Hill a few weeks ago, it's like a war zone!
  • I walked up Chatham Hill a few weeks ago, it's like a war zone!

As few mortars would improve the ambiance.
  • Painful experience with call centre.

2 adults and 2 free U12's.

Tried to tell me you only get the first U12 free. I explained 1 x U12 was free with each paying adult.

Waited 10 minutes while they confirmed I was indeed correct.

I dread speaking to them.

£2.50 for the privilege as well