Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Take the invisible coach to Swindon (Nov 12th) - £17.50

You may have read on the CAFC website that:

"Valley Away is the official Charlton Athletic and ONLY away coach service so BOOK NOW! "

Well, it isn't true.

CAS Trust will be running its sleek and roomy coach to Swindon on November 12th for the paltry sum of £17.50 return (cf. Valley Away £22)

The match kicks off at 12 noon so pick up times are:

Bromley 7.40 am
Eltham 8.00 am
Charlton 8.15 am
Bexleyheath 8.30am
Dartford 8.40am

To book your seat please visit our website (castrust.org) or phone 07581 300764

Comments

• As I understand it, the usual coach is going from Charlton at 9.15am

That is tight. The 31 year man had decided to go with Oxford away and Port Vale away on the CAST coach given the earlier departure times.

Unfortunately demand for P Vale wasn't high enough so the 31 Year man had to go cap in hand back to DJ Coaches. I only hope he was shunned by the regulars for his insubordination.

PS - he did say that the trust paid the difference though ;-), so good on them
  • cabbles said:

As I understand it, the usual coach is going from Charlton at 9.15am

That is tight. The 31 year man had decided to go with Oxford away and Port Vale away on the CAST coach given the earlier departure times.

Unfortunately demand for P Vale wasn't high enough so the 31 Year man had to go cap in hand back to DJ Coaches. I only hope he was shunned by the regulars for his insubordination.

PS - he did say that the trust paid the difference though ;-), so good on them

They are leaving Charlton at 8.45am - however, if you wish to board at Dartford (7.25am) or Bexleyheath (7.40am), you can have a nice trip round the houses to Bromley, before going back on yourself to Charlton.
    That takes me back. Those heady days in the 90s when I would be itching for the coach driver to just drive through London after coming off the M1, I would be desperate to get back for MOTD, only to see the coach driver stay on that m25 signposted 'dartford crossing'

There you go, another 45 mins minimum to the journey, no MOTD unless taped
  • edited October 2016
    castrust said:

"Valley Away is the official Charlton Athletic and ONLY away coach service so BOOK NOW! "

Well, it isn't true.

CAS Trust will be running its sleek and roomy coach to Swindon on November 12th for the paltry sum of £17.50 return (cf. Valley Away £22)

Bromley 7.40 am
    Eltham 8.00 am
    Charlton 8.15 am
    Bexleyheath 8.30am
    Dartford 8.40am

What's the route logic ? There obviously is one that I'm missing, because it appears that if you board at Bromley at 07.40, one hour later you've gone easterly and arrived at Dartford, when Swindon is west ? I'm not going and it's none of my business, but if I'm thinking it, I doubt I'm the only one.

When you leave Bromley you go back on yourself to Charlton just like the official coach.
  • castrust said:

Well, it isn't true.

Bromley 7.40 am
    Eltham 8.00 am
    Charlton 8.15 am
    Bexleyheath 8.30am
    Dartford 8.40am

What's the route logic ? There obviously is one that I'm missing, because it appears that if you board at Bromley at 07.40, one hour later you've gone easterly and arrived at Dartford, when Swindon is west ? I'm not going and it's none of my business, but if I'm thinking it, I doubt I'm the only one.
    Quicker going out to M25 than through London?!
  • edited October 2016
    Markg2004 said:

castrust said:

Well, it isn't true.

Bromley 7.40 am
    Eltham 8.00 am
    Charlton 8.15 am
    Bexleyheath 8.30am
    Dartford 8.40am

Agreed, but if that's the case surely you would still start in the east ie Dartford and head west to Bromley and then go onto the A21/M25 and continue west ?

If I live in Bromley and a mate lives in Bexleyheath and one of us drives to Swindon, the obvious better plan is to drive from Bexleyheath to Bromley and continue from there. #justsaying.
  • If it's your turn to drive you've got to go Bromley to bexleyheath surely.

• clb74 said:

If it's your turn to drive you've got to go Bromley to bexleyheath surely.

It's never my turn :wink:
  • I've heard that from a few girls over the years.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2016

castrust said:

Well, it isn't true.

Bromley 7.40 am
    Eltham 8.00 am
    Charlton 8.15 am
    Bexleyheath 8.30am
    Dartford 8.40am

When you leave Bromley you go back on yourself to Charlton just like the official coach.
    You have to start at one end or the other if you're running one coach. You also have to think in terms of where the most passengers get on. I don't think it makes a huge difference which way round in this case, but what makes no sense to me is to run from Bexleyheath to Bromley and then back to Charlton.
  • Markg2004 said:

castrust said:

Well, it isn't true.

Bromley 7.40 am
    Eltham 8.00 am
    Charlton 8.15 am
    Bexleyheath 8.30am
    Dartford 8.40am

Agreed, but if that's the case surely you would still start in the east ie Dartford and head west to Bromley and then go onto the A21/M25 and continue west ?

If I live in Bromley and a mate lives in Bexleyheath and one of us drives to Swindon, the obvious better plan is to drive from Bexleyheath to Bromley and continue from there. #justsaying.
    Fantastic way to lure Mike into driving :-)

• Markg2004 said:

castrust said:

Well, it isn't true.

Bromley 7.40 am
    Eltham 8.00 am
    Charlton 8.15 am
    Bexleyheath 8.30am
    Dartford 8.40am

Fantastic way to lure Mike into driving :-)

Never fails.
  • edited October 2016

castrust said:

Well, it isn't true.

Bromley 7.40 am
    Eltham 8.00 am
    Charlton 8.15 am
    Bexleyheath 8.30am
    Dartford 8.40am

You have to start at one end or the other if you're running one coach. You also have to think in terms of where the most passengers get on. I don't think it makes a huge difference which way round in this case, but what makes no sense to me is to run from Bexleyheath to Bromley and then back to Charlton.
    Dartford, Bexleyheath, Eltham, Charlton, Bromley A21/M25 seems quickest, but I suppose if the least get on at Bromley, then they have to get up earliest, so the others can have a lie in :wink:

#Bromleylivesmatter.

Anyway, at least I'm bumping the thread.
  • Is this definately on then given the internationals?
  • redman said:

Is this definately on then given the internationals?

Game live on sky so doubt they'd call it off.
  • Our crappy estate mondeo with the usual senile geriatric at the wheel departs Northampton at eight, it will be full with the usual suspects who can't get drunk quick enough, , hopefully cu there.