Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This site

Am i the only one finding this site reeeeeally slow over the past few days? Pages are taking an age to load which when you only want to nip on for a few minutes inbetween work is a bit of a pain. I know it's not my work internet speed as that is lightning fast and i've tried on 2 different browsers (safari and firefox). Any suggestions?

Comments

• I think AFKA and Lookout have taken their eyes off the ball - too busy counting their roylaties probably.
  • Yeah sorry Off it, I'll return all you money to you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Any other unsatisfied customers, form an orderly cue and you'll get your money back.

@Chris, sorry the site is slow. We're working on it. This happens every off-season/break whereby traffic increases quite a bit. Journo's and people sweeping for rumours and gossip? I don't know. We will be beefing up resources though.
  • Oh Lookie - it's too easy sometimes!
    :o)
  • I've noticed that it's notably slower in work hours than in the evenings/weekends/first thing in the morning.

What conclusion do I draw from that...
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I've noticed that it's notably slower in work hours than in the evenings/weekends/first thing in the morning.

What conclusion do I draw from that...

That people are a lot more busy in the evenings and weekends than they are during the day.? ;-)
  • Basically Chris, we upgraded to bigger servers six months ago, but it appears we're maxxing out on those already. Lookout is looking into options at the moment, and we'll be upgrading again hopefully in the next fortnight.

In the meantime, can only apologise to everyone. Its immense frustration for everyone and we'll do everything we can to resolve it as quickly as possible. The forum attracts a much wider reading audience than it used to and its taking its toll a little.
  • @Offy, I gave you that one as a courtesy.
  • In the meantime, can only apologise to everyone.

There's no need for an apology, the site is free and furthermore run out of your's and Lookout's pockets.
  • Ok thanks Lookout/AFKA, no problem just checking it was nothing i was doing that's all
  • what are the visitor stats?

what kind of upload/download volumes are you guys looking at?
  • Sponsored links:

• SE10, I'll post back in an hour... on my way to work...
  • Chris, you do work on top of all this??!

;-)