Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I'm available on a consultancy basis. £5m into a Swiss bank account and a wedge of world cup final tickets should do it.
  • Major said:
    £24m loss in its first year, that's spectacular! They clearly spent a fortune setting the place up
  • £24m!

How hard can it be to run a museum?
  • Did they really think people would be rushing to Zurich to spend an afternoon at their museum? It's not exactly a thriving tourist hub. Stick it somewhere tourists flock to and they may have something.
  • Major said:
    £24m loss in its first year, that's spectacular! They clearly spent a fortune setting the place up
    Katrien helped with the purchasing
  • Another ridiculous vanity project from FIFA. A bit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCjeD-Jqd2s

Who do they think would be that interested in football that they'd need a museum that expensive. Normal fans will happily visit a museum for their own club. Armchair fans will happily go to a museum of a really big club; Man Utd or Barcelona or some other club with the right type of history. No one is going to be interested in a museum affiliated to FIFA. Jeez what a bore. The only people on the planet who challenge Duchatelet's regime for sucking the fun out of football.

I do wonder though, the sheer incompetence of FIFA is so grand it leads me to believe their could be a job in football for Calamity Kate after she leaves Charlton.
  • Did they really think people would be rushing to Zurich to spend an afternoon at their museum? It's not exactly a thriving tourist hub. Stick it somewhere tourists flock to and they may have something.

People rush to the IOC Museum in Switzerland that inspired this one and that's in Lausanne, an hours train ride from Geneva airport
  • When I 1st read the title of the thread I thought it was;

"Ive got to say it, a Hilary would ya?"

Think I need glasses
  • Stig said:

Another ridiculous vanity project from FIFA. A bit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCjeD-Jqd2s

Who do they think would be that interested in football that they'd need a museum that expensive. Normal fans will happily visit a museum for their own club. Armchair fans will happily go to a museum of a really big club; Man Utd or Barcelona or some other club with the right type of history. No one is going to be interested in a museum affiliated to FIFA. Jeez what a bore. The only people on the planet who challenge Duchatelet's regime for sucking the fun out of football.

I do wonder though, the sheer incompetence of FIFA is so grand it leads me to believe their could be a job in football for Calamity Kate after she leaves Charlton.

FIFA ought to have enough to make a successful museum though, even if Zurich is a bit of a tourist backwater. The Olympic museum is in Lausanne, and that's been around for years

I've not been to our National Football Museum since it moved to Manchester, that struggled with lack of visitors when it was in Preston
  • Dave2l said:

When I 1st read the title of the thread I thought it was;

"Ive got to say it, a Hilary would ya?"

Think I need glasses

Or possibly therapy?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm available on a consultancy basis. £5m into a Swiss bank account and a wedge of world cup final tickets should do it.

I think that's very disrespectful of you to suggest that such a well respected international body would even consider stooping to such methods to achieve its ambitions.

Everyone who's anyone knows that all payments are made via BPB.
    (Brown paper bag)

I think that's very disrespectful of you to suggest that such a well respected international body would even consider stooping to such methods to achieve its ambitions.

(Brown paper bag)

Woof woof

(Brown paper bag)

I think Henry is talking about the money promised to him for work he did 10 years ago but the paper work got lost.
  • I count myself as a big football fan. I have never heard of it. I think that speaks volumes about their marketing efforts. Perhaps they had just watched "Field of Dreams"?