Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Swadlincote swineherd.

Just read he died a while ago.

Limited boxer who had a great amount of bouncebackability. Indeed the word could have been invented for him.

Comments

• So you're too young to remember him then.

And then spout your own ignorant bile.
  • He means Jack Bodell.

RIP
  • I did indeed mean him. His nickname of course being the Swadlincote swineherd. Which he seemed to not mind at all.
  • Why didn't you just say RIP Jack Bodell then?

The guy Our 'Enry fought to win the British title? - respect and RIP.

No need to be so cryptic Iainment, some of us under 60.
  • Sometimes it seems like a competition on here to come up with the most obscure RIP possible.
  • Jack was quite a sensation way back when .. personally, I'd forgotten all about him until this post appeared

R I P
  • Jack was quite a sensation way back when .. personally, I'd forgotten all about him until this post appeared

R I P

Not sure he was a sensation.....more of a sad joke to be honest.

• I liked his Monty Python "Boxing Tonight" bout against Sir Kenneth Clarke who he beat to be the new Oxford Professor of English Literature.
  • Well. This went well.
  • Sponsored links:

R I P

At various points in his career, Jack was ABA Champion (amateur), and as a professional he was British Champion, Commonwealth Champion and European Champion. Among his fights were wins against Brian London, Billy Walker and Joe Bugner - and he went 15 rounds with Henry Cooper.

Very few people in sport have that sort of CV - not a sad joke at all.

RIP Jack

• bobmunro said:

Jack was quite a sensation way back when .. personally, I'd forgotten all about him until this post appeared

R I P

At various points in his career, Jack was ABA Champion (amateur), and as a professional he was British Champion, Commonwealth Champion and European Champion. Among his fights were wins against Brian London, Billy Walker and Joe Bugner - and he went 15 rounds with Henry Cooper.

Very few people in sport have that sort of CV - not a sad joke at all.

RIP Jack

Quite.
  • edited November 2016
    Sorry chaps.....I remember him very well and the general consensus at the time was that he wasn't up to much. He faded from the scene almost as quickly as he appeared.
    Hat's off to him though, he was a brave fella and deserved his short stay under the spotlight.
    RIP....Jack....RIP.