Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southend Away- Trains

Does anyone know if London Bridge will be open on the 31st? Been having a look online and its says engineering work is due to finish that day.

Was planning on getting Sidcup line up then across the Fenchurch

Comments

• It looks like they are according to the National Rail website.

Rather than go via Fenchurch Street, it might be quicker to get the Jubilee line to Stratford and then on the Southend Victoria line. If you get a ticket to Southend Victoria but get off at Prittlewell for the ground (it's the same price ) you can get back on the train to Southend after the game.
  • It looks like they are according to the National Rail website.

Rather than go via Fenchurch Street, it might be quicker to get the Jubilee line to Stratford and then on the Southend Victoria line. If you get a ticket to Southend Victoria but get off at Prittlewell for the ground (it's the same price ) you can get back on the train to Southend after the game.

Great idea. Bus to O2 it is. Thanks
  • robroy said:

It looks like they are according to the National Rail website.

Great idea. Bus to O2 it is. Thanks
    That is the way I go for home games, much quicker.
  • Heads up that there's engineering work on the Liv St - Stratford - Southend route on the 31st December...

We'll be needing to get the Jubilee line to West Ham and then get the Southend trains from there.
  • Don't use the Liverpool St Line it's a bus service from Newbury Park to Billericay

Will put an extra 40 mins on the journey

• Liverpool Street line is absolutely awful. Fenchurch Street line is wonderful. There may be a longer walk when you arrive, but for anyone who uses these lines regularly, the choice is a no-brainer.
  • Stig said:

Liverpool Street line is absolutely awful. Fenchurch Street line is wonderful. There may be a longer walk when you arrive, but for anyone who uses these lines regularly, the choice is a no-brainer.

Yep 100%.

I can use Pritllewell or Westcliff but will always choose Westcliff if possible.
  • Stig said:

Liverpool Street line is absolutely awful. Fenchurch Street line is wonderful. There may be a longer walk when you arrive, but for anyone who uses these lines regularly, the choice is a no-brainer.

Yep 100%.

I can use Pritllewell or Westcliff but will always choose Westcliff if possible.
    Wtf are you going by train for? You live next to the ground!
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

Yep 100%.

Wtf are you going by train for? You live next to the ground!
    I am proper Charlton and love trains so much Im just going up and down the lines mate! Choo Choo
  • Anybody travelling from Woolwich/Lewisham areas can also use DLR to Limehouse & get a Southend Central train from there.