Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Proper Cricket

Kent are struggling against Surrey at The Oval.

We need to avoid defeat as we are in the relegation zone.

235 -7 in the first innings in reply to 397....

Comments

• I was there all day yesterday,a whole days cricket for £12 you cant argue with that.
  • Interesting fInish in store - Kent need 92 more runs and Surrey five wickets. The key wicket will be Van Jaarsveld's - currently on 70. To date in the Championship he's batted 12 times - has two hundreds, five half-centuries, but four ducks.
  • 70 needed to win still 5 wickets in hand.

Van Jaarsveld and Geraint Jones batting. The ball is turning apparently so Kent will do well to win.
  • 42 to win now, Van Jaarsveld(90) and Jones(33) still there
  • Down to 37 needed now, come on the boys!
  • edited July 2008
    228-6 Jones out for 39. VJ on 96 not out.

30 needed. Come on KENT!!!!
  • 231-6, 27 to win, VJ on 97
  • C'mon SUPERKENT!!!!
  • 21 to win, VJ now on 102
  • Whatever happens VJ has scored two tons and taken 5 wickets in an innings in this game.

I don't know if that is unique but there can't be many that have done that.

Plenty have scored ONE ton and taken 5 in an innings but two tons and 5 wickets in an innings?
  • Sponsored links:

• 255-6 3 needed!!
  • Job done...VJ finished on 115 NO.

Quality, well done Kent
  • And they've done it - home by four wickets. Two unbeaten hundreds in a match to go with five wickets in Surrey's second innings by Van Jaarsveld.
  • Top stuff from VJ two tons and not out in both of them :)
  • edited July 2008
    YESSSSS!!!!!

Won by 4 wickets (260-6) VJ 115*
  • Get in there! Kent won by 4 wickets

Absolutely massive performance from Van Jaarsveld, 114NO in the first innings, 115NO in the second and bowling figures of 5 for 33 from 13 (3 maidens).

I've got a feeling he's in my dream team, so a good few days for me!
  • Van Jaarsveld must be buying a jug after that!!
  • we needed this one as we were 2nd from bottom although only 4 points seperated about 4 teams.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Van Jaarsveld must be buying a jug after that!!

By my reckoning that's 5 jugs he owes, 1 for each 50 and 1 for the 5for
  • [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Van Jaarsveld must be buying a jug after that!!

By my reckoning that's 5 jugs he owes, 1 for each 50 and 1 for the 5for

Plus an extra one for his best first class bowling figures.
  • Sponsored links:

• Still a long way to go this season but we really needed that to pull away fom the danger zone.
    Get in there my lovely Kentish Boys!!!!
  • Brillant result - the VJ show - what a performance!!!! I'd love to have been there.
  • Kent up to fourth in the table - at least provisionally, and the defeat sends Surrey to the bottom. A real six pointer or whatever the equivalent cricketing expression is.

Pretty tight at the top with a handfull of points separating the top few teams.
  • A P Herbert | Aldous Huxley | Angus Deayton | Anne Coates | Anthony Caro | Brian May | C B Fry | Caroline Quentin | Colin Firth | Daley Thompson | Dame Margot Fonteyn | David Sheppard | Delia Smith | Derren Brown | Donald Campbell | Edward Woodward | Eric Clapton | Ernest Fisk | Frederick Furnivall | Frederick Twort | George Rodney | Godfrey Hardy | Helen Chadwick | James Somerville | Jeff Beck | Joan Robinson | John Boorman | John Burningham | John Galsworthy | John McCririck | John Piper | John Surtees | Jonny Wilkinson | Josef Holbrooke | Joseph Warton | Julie Andrews | Kate Bush | Lawrence Olivier | Lilian Braithwaite | Linzie Dawn McKenzie | Malcolm Muggeridge | Mary Wesley | Michaela Strachan | Muriel Box | Nick Hornby | P G Wodehouse | Paul Weller | Peggy Ashcroft | Penelope Keith | Peter Cushing | Peter Dennis Mitchell | Peter Gabriel | Peter Pears | Petula Clark | Prunella Scales | Richard Corbet | Richard Hughes | Richard Stilgoe | Rick Parfitt | Robert C Sherriff | Roger Waters | Ronald Colman | Sir Clive Sinclair | Sir Terence Conran | Spencer Gore | Stuart Brisley | Thomas Malthus | Thomas Middleton | Tony Blackburn | Tracy Emin | Victor Pasmore | William Cobbett | William Heinemann | - YOUR BOYS TOOK A HELL OF A BEATING!
  • i feckin hate surrey.
  • edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i feckin hate surrey.

Me too, especially the ones with a fringe on the top!