Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kevin Phillips

edited June 2008 in Rumours
On his way to either Leeds, Stoke or QPR, now that would be worth a punt for the season, even if he played the home games as he always seems to score at our place

Comments

• Deffinetely worth a punt.

He can then join

Toddy/Varney/Iwelumo/Gray/Dickson/McLeod/Fleetwood in a 1-1-8 formation.

We'll score more than you approach ;-)

He is still a very capable at this level, so not sure why he want to go to Leeds. Prem will be too far. QPR will get him as they'll offer the money. But as it will be Dowie signing him hopefully he'll be like JFH was for us.
  • Alternatively we could get rid of Iwelumo McLeod and not sign Fleetwood an unproven striker and sign a bloke who consistantly scores inside and outside of the area,
  • Yep worth a punt, getting on a bit, but a good work ethic and less of a gamble than most of our other strikers.
  • Im thinking if Phillips doesnt sign again for WBA (mainly due to their wage cap/the reason Gera will also go next week) then he's on his way to a club that can pay him very decent wages, which I think may rule us out.
  • He's almost 35, I think he'll be looking for a two season deal rather than the best money for a year.
  • Age is no longer on his side and may be is looking for a two year deal and WBA have only put a year on the table
  • Would definitely be a good signing, he has always consistently scored. Surprised WBA would let him go
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Alternatively we could get rid of Iwelumo McLeod and not sign Fleetwood an unproven striker and sign a bloke who consistantly scores inside and outside of the area

sounds like a bloody plan to me! "sorry we've got too much mediocrity about, couldn't possibly go in for someone proven now" ;-)
  • On his way to Birmingham apparently.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]On his way to Birmingham apparently.

i'm not 100% convinced that's gonna happen. My hunch will be he stays at West Brom.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2008
    You fraud AFKA he's already signed new contract :-))))
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]On his way to Birmingham apparently.

i'm not 100% convinced that's gonna happen. My hunch will be he stays at West Brom.

Don't see why WBA would get rid of him, despite his age I still think he could come on and score a few late on during the season.
  • His Mrs seemed very 'approachable' on WAGS Boutique.

Not that I watched it.
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]His Mrs seemed very 'approachable' on WAGS Boutique.

Not that I watched it.

Shock horror - well known and hitherto well respected CL member in WAGS Boutique admission........:-)
  • In todays Sun (so make of that what you will), it says Birmingham are favourites as they're offering him the 2 year deal he wants.
  • West Brom manager says Philips should stay for the year and earn his second year contract, personally I thought Philips did that last season by leading West brom to promotion, I am sure if he did not hack it they would be able to get rid after a year with a fee
  • edited July 2008
    Who else cannot hear this players name without saying Bong!!???

Everytime it gets me.