Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mobile site

I have somehow managed to get my phone onto the normal CL site, does anyone know how I can change it back as I much prefer to use the mobile version, I also assume it's cheaper.

Comments

• I have somehow managed to get my phone onto the normal CL site, does anyone know how I can change it back as I much prefer to use the mobile version, I also assume it's cheaper.

Go to the bottom of the page, there should be a link to the "mobile site".
  • I thought that too, but I can't see it.
  • At the very bottom of the page it should say Powered by Vanilla and then underneath that Back to Mobile Site. It should be central, but ou may need no scroll left or right.

Any luck ?
  • So i have the powered by vanilla, but nothing below it.
  • edited December 2013
    Click here [edited]
  • Cheers lookout, worked a charm.
  • Problem just 're-surfaced and no link at bottom of screen to mobile site
  • Hi @stonemuse is this exactly same as was mentioned above a couple of years ago?

I'm using iPhone / safari and can switch to full site them back to mobile fine. What phone / platform are you using ? What exactly do you see?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yup same issue.

Using HTC M8, and can see 'Powered by Vanilla' at the botttom but no link to 'mobile'.

Happened before and the link just materialised again one day, but this time I am stuck in the full site.
  • edited April 2015
    I've found clearing cache, cookies and history works to revert to mobile site on android (Google Chrome).
  • Dazzler21 said:

I've found clearing cache, cookies and history works to revert to mobile site on android (Google Chrome).

just tried that and still in full site
  • Dazzler21 said:

and now it works!

cheers dazzler
  • Cheers Daz, glad you are sorted Stoney
  • Bit of an odd one but is there a way to force CL to load the mobile site on a desktop browser? Either that or a way of hiding the sidebar.

Cheers
  • edited January 2017
    There's a setting in Chrome on Android, 'Request Desktop Site'. It's on the Chrome main menu and very easy to turn on by accident that. Always worth checking that first.

Although likelier that you've accidentally clicked 'full site' at the bottom. You can get back to mobile site by going all the way to the bottom and clicking back to mobile if that's the case.
  • Bit of an odd one but is there a way to force CL to load the mobile site on a desktop browser? Either that or a way of hiding the sidebar.

Cheers

Which browser?

Firefox as an option in the menu and Chrome has an emulator you can select if you press F12 I believe.

Cheers

I agree... think the mobile site is much better.
  • WSS said:

Bit of an odd one but is there a way to force CL to load the mobile site on a desktop browser? Either that or a way of hiding the sidebar.

Cheers

Which browser?

Firefox as an option in the menu and Chrome has an emulator you can select if you press F12 I believe.
    I'm on Chrome. Got a solution by downloading an extension "User-Agent Switcher for Google Chrome" which let's me pick which "device" I want to pretend I'm access any website from.

Chose a mobile device from the drop down menu and works perfect!
  • Sponsored links:

• Have you tried turning it off then on again?