Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coventry away 14/4/17 advanced purchase train tickets

Tickets have been released for this fixture.

If you go on the train line site you will find numerous trains for £22.50 return(before any railcard discounts), this is advertised as a super off peak return.

Please be mindful that the ground is about 4 miles from the station so will require either a taxi or a bus from the bus station in town. For coming back I suggest booking trains from 18.15 onwards.

I gather The Rocket by the station is still open, not a bad pub but have not been there for a few years so do not know how it is now.

Comments

• Will Russell Salde still be their gaffer then?
  • Will Russell Salde still be their gaffer then?

Coventry or The Rocket?
  • £15.30 with a railcard booked, no danger on this game being moved is there?

Lack of interest possibly could cause a postponement.

Think it's already been moved once. I'm sure it was originally the 15th.
  • It is Easter weekend so we play on Good Friday and Easter Monday (Gills at Home).

What railcard mate? 2 together, or group saver? Cheapest I can get is £18.80 with a 4p group saver.
  • Sponsored links:

• The stadium has a station, but it does not to operate for big crowds.

Wonder if it will be open when we visit.

What railcard mate? 2 together, or group saver? Cheapest I can get is £18.80 with a 4p group saver.
    i got 16-25 railcard then just got a off peak return. £14.50 plus £0.80 booking fee.
  • You're not under 25!! ;)

We're on the 8.47am out of Euston mate, 18.21 back - £19.50pp. Just a shame i'll have to add another £20 odd for the Maidstone to London part! :(
  • You're not under 25!! ;)

We're on the 8.47am out of Euston mate, 18.21 back - £19.50pp. Just a shame i'll have to add another £20 odd for the Maidstone to London part! :(

haha fucking hell someones eager i was gonna go for the 9.47, i might be heading up with you lot!.
  • edited January 2017

You're not under 25!! ;)

Get a network railcard and you get a 1/3 off any fares over £13 between Bournemouth, Oxford and Colchester. In a year you’d save quite a lot on Maidstone-London trains and it applies to up to 3 people travelling with you.

I’m all booked up for this but from what I can recall it’s a pretty crap away day.

• Anyone know what it's like parking there?
  • Leave the M6 at Junction 3. Take the A444 towards the city centre and after one mile you will reach the stadium on your left.

Ricoh Arena Official Car Parks

Parking at the stadium is mostly for permit holders, although the Club do sell on the day spaces in Car Parks A, B and C at £10 per car, although it is best to book a space in advance. Blue badge holders can also park at the stadium itself but again at a cost of £10. The Club are also utilising a number of car parks within walking distance of the stadium, in such places as factory units and local schools. The cost of these official car parks varies on venue but are around £3-£5 per vehicle. See the Ricoh Arena Parking website for more details.

Other Parking Options

The nearby Tesco/Arena Retail car park is well 'policed' on matchdays. Free parking is restricted to just two hours only unless you spend £25 or more in one of the shops on the Retail Park, otherwise if you over stay you can end up with a £50 parking ticket. Stores include Next, Boots and Marks & Spencers, but the minimum £25 spend does not include the Tesco Petrol Station, Burger King or Pizza Hut. You show your receipt on exit. In addition an extensive 'residents only' parking scheme has been put in place for all residential streets within a least a mile of the ground.

There is also a private car park run by Leisure Ireland, located a few minutes drive away from Junction 3 of the M6. It has 200 spaces and is then a 15 minute walk away from the stadium. It advertises as secure parking and apparently getting back to the motorway after the match is very easy. The cost to park there is £3 per car and to find the car park, follow the 'pink arrow' signs/take the B4113 towards Bedworth from Junction 3 of the M6. Fans are encouraged to pre-book their places online. However please note to then get to the stadium you have to cross a rather busy dual carriageway, so please bear this in mind if you have young children or older person in your party. Please note that this car park closes one hour after the final whistle. Closer to the stadium in Oban Road (opposite the Longford Engine CV6 6HH) are two private car parks run by Ricoh Arena Event parking. Spaces can also be pre-booked online and cost £4 per car.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/ricoh-arena-coventry-city.html#adirections-and-car-parking
  • Bump Coventry fans want us to boycott
  • clb74 said:

Bump Coventry fans want us to boycott

Okay then, may I be the first to say I'll go along with that.
  • Sponsored links:

• It will be interesting to see the attendance for this.

By the time we travel there Coventry could be relegated already. They were struggling to get 2000 whilst playing at Northampton so they know how to organise a successful boycott.
  • From what I understand the boycott call hasn't come from any of the organising Cov groups, and potential options for what could happen that day remain up for discussion nearer the time.

April is a long time off, I'm sure what happens in our retrospective seasons over the next couple of months will have a big impact