Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

£1m players

In these days of Premier League clubs chucking, for example, £12m at Leicester's reserve left back, I got thinking to how long it must have been since we had even a £1m player.

Andy Gray maybe?

Wonder how many we've had over the years too, 30 odd maybe?

Comments

• You mean paid £1m for a player?
  • Vetokele for starters of the top of my head
  • Naby Sarr? Isn't worth a game of monopoly let alone 1M
  • Not sure it's even that many.

Redfearn was the first.

Graham Stuart, Dean Kiely, Rowett, Luke Young, the two Bents, Jensen, Johansson, Bartlett, Varney, Gray, Zheng Zhi, McLeod (pffft!), Rommedahl, Murphy, Reid, Faye, Traore, Diawara, Euell, Kish maybe.

Sure I've missed a few, and Curbs signed plenty of million pound players for a lot less than a million quid.
  • I forgot that Roland has signed a few for big money, as they all play like they cost about 10p.
  • edited January 2017
  • You mean paid £1m for a player?

I do.
  • MrLargo said:

Not sure it's even that many.

Redfearn was the first.

Graham Stuart, Dean Kiely, Rowett, Luke Young, the two Bents, Jensen, Johansson, Bartlett, Varney, Gray, Zheng Zhi, McLeod (pffft!), Rommedahl, Murphy, Reid, Faye, Traore, Diawara, Euell, Kish maybe.

Sure I've missed a few, and Curbs signed plenty of million pound players for a lot less than a million quid.

El Karkouri I think? Maybe Ambrose?

But you're right, did inpressive work getting players like Fish, Powell, Hreidarsson etc for under £1m each.
  • Depends how much Tony Watt was?
  • MrLargo said:

I forgot that Roland has signed a few for big money, as they all play like they cost about 10p.

Same here!
  • Sponsored links:

• Polish Pete?
  • Polish Pete?

£700k plus all his wages. Not a £1million signing, but surely our most expensive player in terms of £s per minute played.