Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Varney on Football Focus (depressing listening)

Peter Varney was on Football Focus just before kick-off on Saturday, cunningly timed so very few Charlton supporters will hear him clutch at straws so desperately it hurts.

And if I've done this right, you can listen to it here.

(click, scroll down, select "free" in the bottom right-hand corner, follow the instructions on the next page - you'll need to wait a bit. It's a 2.7MB download.)

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Should be fine - follow the instructions I've just stuck in the original post.

EDIT: I (LoOkOuT) have popped it on the site's servers: Click here!
  • Cheers mate...... I think the order of conversation has gona all weird as I typed a reply about 2 mins ago not 23 hours ago..........
  • Aaagh! The posting order thing's struck again!
  • Its working cheers...
  • That worked for me. Thanks 'Insp Sands'

He sounds pissed off. Very frank finishing 'get out of this mess'

I bet there have been a few tea cups thrown in the boardroom - he clearly believes Dowie's appointment was a mistake.
  • He sounds very angry.... He doesnt think change is the way forwad and has gone on the "Pards aint comng" route.... We just need two wins.... I just cant see it coming and I want to close my eyes and then wake up when its all over...
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]He sounds very angry.... He doesnt think change is the way forwad and has gone on the "Pards aint comng" route.... We just need two wins.... I just cant see it coming and I want to close my eyes and then wake up when its all over...

Mascot88- I didn't Reed ( sorry ) that into what he was saying- given PV is not the most enigmatic of people, to me he sounded very frustrated at the whole situation- He describes the Dowie "era" as a mistake and says we need to bring people in nearer to 01/01/07 than 31/01/07- Makes Sense!

Still not convinced we will do it, but nice to hear someone senior at the club talking about it- maybe Richard Murray needs to be a bit more of a prescence at the mo?
  • Stanmore....

True he did sound frustrated ... he also said he "wanted to say more" about the Dowie situation..I think thats where I got the anger from...

As for the shut my eyes, maybe I should make a bit more of an effort to be positive....
  • Cheers for trying BUT youve just tried to sell me rapid share.....