Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Operation New York!
  • edited February 2017
    Paddy7 said:

Operation New York!

Quality....
  • Good work from the club but a 6:55am start on a Saturday is truly brutal. You would need to pay me to travel that far by coach.....
  • HandG said:

Good work from the club but a 6:55am start on a Saturday is truly brutal. You would need to pay me to travel that far by coach.....

You would need to pay me even more to go to Rochdale. Have you been?
  • HandG said:

Good work from the club but a 6:55am start on a Saturday is truly brutal. You would need to pay me to travel that far by coach.....

Well they're calling it free coaches but have only bothered with one coach...
  • edited February 2017
    RedPanda said:

HandG said:

Indeed - 6.55am at Bexleyheath is completely unnecessary and geared for a trip to Bromley. As usual the timings show no grasp of the real world at all. You start at Bromley and Larkfield unless you are seriously intending to run only one coach, which cannot be the case. Can it?

I'm not even leaving Ramsgate until 9am.
  • RedPanda said:

HandG said:

Indeed - 6.55am at Bexleyheath is completely unnecessary and geared for a trip to Bromley. As usual the timings show no grasp of the real world at all. You start at Bromley and Maidstone unless you are seriously intending to run only one coach, which cannot be the case. Can it?
    Will you be laying on an alternative free coach that leaves at a time you approve of?
  • Sponsored links:

• bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

Indeed - 6.55am at Bexleyheath is completely unnecessary and geared for a trip to Bromley. As usual the timings show no grasp of the real world at all. You start at Bromley and Maidstone unless you are seriously intending to run only one coach, which cannot be the case. Can it?
    Will you be laying on an alternative free coach that leaves at a time you approve of?
    Do you not think it would make sense to plan for more than one coach?
  • Just put the ground's postcode in google maps and it says its 240 miles from my part of town (no doubt taking me around the M25) and will take 4 hours and 10 mins if I leave now. Probably not going to be any quicker on a Saturday morning, or evening coming back.
  • edited February 2017

Just put the ground's postcode in google maps and it says its 240 miles from my part of town (no doubt taking me around the M25) and will take 4 hours and 10 mins if I leave now. Probably not going to be any quicker on a Saturday morning, or evening coming back.

That's not the issue. It's the fact that the club routinely sets times that send people on (up to) a two-hour pick-up trip before they even leave Charlton, which in turn has helped kill the demand for people to use the coach at all.
  • bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

• sorry mobile phone thing and fat fingers !
  • bbob said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

Well do you ? :smile:
  • bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

I would imagine the club will lay on more than one coach should the demand be there.

It's a free coach and a good gesture by the club. No one is forcing you to take them up on it, much like life in general - if you don't like it don't do it.
  • Just put the ground's postcode in google maps and it says its 240 miles from my part of town (no doubt taking me around the M25) and will take 4 hours and 10 mins if I leave now. Probably not going to be any quicker on a Saturday morning, or evening coming back.

That's not the issue. It's the fact that the club routinely sets times that send people on (up to) a two-hour pick-up trip before they even leave Charlton, which in turn has helped kill the demand for people to use the coach at all.
    And on the way back. You're looking at 3 hours just shifting around NW Kent and London.

Bbob, lots of people don't do It, hence the crappy numbers even for free games. If you're running free coachES then you should plan coaches.
  • All seats have been taken on the 2 free coaches supplied by the football club.
  • shirty5 said:

All seats have been taken on the 2 free coaches supplied by the football club.

Should have bolted them down. Still, means more room for people to stand I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• bbob said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

No offence to anyone but I just had a vision of Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry standing over the bad guy saying 'Well do you punk' :wink:
  • RedPanda said:

Just put the ground's postcode in google maps and it says its 240 miles from my part of town (no doubt taking me around the M25) and will take 4 hours and 10 mins if I leave now. Probably not going to be any quicker on a Saturday morning, or evening coming back.

And on the way back. You're looking at 3 hours just shifting around NW Kent and London.

Bbob, lots of people don't do It, hence the crappy numbers even for free games. If you're running free coachES then you should plan coaches.
    Did they not sell the free coach last time; ill giving going a lot of thought tbh
  • RedChaser said:

bbob said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

bbob said:

RedPanda said:

HandG said:

No offence to anyone but I just had a vision of Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry standing over the bad guy saying 'Well do you punk' :wink:
    That's what I had in my mind, but thought best not to add the punk :smile:
  • bobmunro said:

HandG said:

Worth it just for the £1 meat and potato pies.

• £1 meet and potatoe pie im on it for that reason alone :)
    Addickted said:

bobmunro said:

HandG said:

Worth it just for the £1 meat and potato pies.

£1.00 meat and potatoe pie im on it for that reason alone
  • Did they not sell the free coach last time; ill giving going a lot of thought tbh

Considering the 'free coaches' in this case consists of 1 extra coach, and they've already sold that out, maybe I'm wrong.

I think these days 'free coaches' means filling up a second coach. It is a nice gesture by the club but like most things with them, it's half-arsed.
  • RedPanda said:

Did they not sell the free coach last time; ill giving going a lot of thought tbh

Considering the 'free coaches' in this case consists of 1 extra coach, and they've already sold that out, maybe I'm wrong.

I think these days 'free coaches' means filling up a second coach. It is a nice gesture by the club but like most things with them, it's half-arsed.
    2 free coaches, both fully booked and over 2 weeks until the game.

So what about everybody else who wanted to go on the coach? You can't even pay to book it up. Could understand if it was 2 days until the game but there's still over 2 weeks. Especially if we get a result on Saturday it might spark more interest in fans going but not when it's a half arsed effort.
  • RedPanda said:

So what about everybody else who wanted to go on the coach? You can't even pay to book it up. Could understand if it was 2 days until the game but there's still over 2 weeks. Especially if we get a result on Saturday it might spark more interest in fans going but not when it's a half arsed effort.
    That's what happens when it's a half arsed idea with half arsed planning....

• RedPanda said:

That's what happens when it's a half arsed idea with half arsed planning....

I agree with the idea after having the game moved from midweek which may have inconvenienced fans who already made arrangements but yes the planning and execution of the idea was half arsed.
  • Wot, no "waiting list"?