Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tickets for Atletico Madrid v Eibar

I am going over to Madrid for the weekend of the 6th May.

Short of getting tickets on line, which appears to say that you need to be a member, has anybody been over there and are able to give me tips?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I went Madrid 2 weekends ago . I noticed in the club shop that They had tickets available for their next game which was last Saturday against Leganes.i know someone who went to that game and he bought tickets off there official website about 3/4 weeks ago so it may be that they don't go on general sale until closer to the date .
  • I think Atletico are moving to a new ground next season so i'd expect their last couple of home games to have pretty high demand
  • Are they definitely moving as I had seen some stories it was not confirmed they were moving at the end of the season.
  • I think Atletico are moving to a new ground next season so i'd expect their last couple of home games to have pretty high demand

Rayo Vallecano might have to be the other option although will definitely give Atletico a go if sold out before I go. Looks to be a great ground.
  • edited February 2017

I think Atletico are moving to a new ground next season so i'd expect their last couple of home games to have pretty high demand

Rayo Vallecano might have to be the other option although will definitely give Atletico a go if sold out before I go. Looks to be a great ground.
    Leganes at home to Betis that weekend would be another option . Just on the outskirts of town. About 7 miles from the Vicente Calderon I believe .

• With a bit of luck they may be on different days and you can go to both haha
  • Been to Atletico twice, most recently last December. You can buy tickets online, although not until much nearer the time, two or three weeks in advance.

Bear in mind you may have problems paying with a UK credit or debit card - first time I went I had no problems, second time I tried four different cards and it wouldn't have it, got a mate to try and his worked fine, there's no rhyme or reason to it. Had the same issue booking tickets at Seville and Real, my card issuers all said the problem was at the Spanish end and not them blocking the transaction. Don't know about the ground move, but if you can't get into Atletico then I would definitely make Rayo a priority, supposed to be very good atmosphere.
  • Remember they switch games for TV only a few weeks beforehand. The weekend games can be from Friday evenings to Sunday evening IIRC.
  • Are they definitely moving as I had seen some stories it was not confirmed they were moving at the end of the season.

Must admit that going by recent photos on this new twitter account it still looks a way off but they still say they hope it's ready for the start of next season

https://twitter.com/Metropolitano
  • Remember they switch games for TangeV only a few weeks beforehand. The weekend games can be from Friday evenings to Sunday evening IIRC.

I made sure I changed the flight for this reason.

We are due to arrive at the hotel for 18.00 and so would hopefully have ample time, kick-offs can be around 21.00?
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

Been to Atletico twice, most recently last December. You can buy tickets online, although not until much nearer the time, two or three weeks in advance.

Bear in mind you may have problems paying with a UK credit or debit card - first time I went I had no problems, second time I tried four different cards and it wouldn't have it, got a mate to try and his worked fine, there's no rhyme or reason to it. Had the same issue booking tickets at Seville and Real, my card issuers all said the problem was at the Spanish end and not them blocking the transaction. Don't know about the ground move, but if you can't get into Atletico then I would definitely make Rayo a priority, supposed to be very good atmosphere.

Was you able to pick up a programme?

Mates in the past have said they did not see anything at various other grounds. There was not one produced when I went over to Valencia for our game in 2006.
  • edited February 2017
    cafc4life said:

With a bit of luck they may be on different days and you can go to both haha

I'll resist the urge!

I am going over to Prague when we are at Sheff United for a groundhopping and beer guzzling weekend. We have two/three games for the Saturday and two for the Sunday lined up, we are now waiting to see if we can squeeze one in on Friday night.

Needless to say it is just me and two mates going, my beloved will have to miss this one out!
  • edited February 2017

Remember they switch games for TangeV only a few weeks beforehand. The weekend games can be from Friday evenings to Sunday evening IIRC.

We are due to arrive at the hotel for 18.00 and so would hopefully have ample time, kick-offs can be around 21.00?
    No later than 9pm. Last time I went to watch Valencia play, they moved the game from A Saturday afternoon, to Sunday morning and then to Monday night at 9pm. When I booked my flights I did it to arrive Friday and depart Tuesday.

Another option for Madrid is Getafe - they are at home on the 7th against Córdoba.
  • edited February 2017

cafc4life said:

I'll resist the urge!

I am going over to Prague when we are at Sheff United for a groundhopping and beer guzzling weekend. We have two/three games for the Saturday and two for the Sunday lined up, we are now waiting to see if we can squeeze one in on Friday night.

Needless to say it is just me and two mates going, my beloved will have to miss this one out!
    I'm sure Reams will enjoy having the weekend to himself.
  • cafc4life said:

I'll resist the urge!

in sure Reams will enjoy having the weekend to himself.
    Lol's collapsing on the floor.
  • Remember they switch games for TangeV only a few weeks beforehand. The weekend games can be from Friday evenings to Sunday evening IIRC.

No later than 9pm. Last time I went to watch Valencia play, they moved the game from A Saturday afternoon, to Sunday morning and then to Monday night at 9pm. When I booked my flights I did it to arrive Friday and depart Tuesday.

Another option for Madrid is Getafe - they are at home on the 7th against Córdoba.
    Good shout.

It is good there are options but I am determined to do Atletico as the ground looks excellent, I have not been unable to get a ticket before at football so fingers crossed.

Funnily enough I am not at all interested in doing a tour of the Bernabau.

Good shout.

It is good there are options but I am determined to do Atletico as the ground looks excellent, I have not been unable to get a ticket before at football so fingers crossed.

Bernebau tour was dull compares to Nou Camp. Great stadium though.
  • MrLargo said:

Been to Atletico twice, most recently last December. You can buy tickets online, although not until much nearer the time, two or three weeks in advance.

Mates in the past have said they did not see anything at various other grounds. There was not one produced when I went over to Valencia for our game in 2006.
    Never saw any programmes at Atletico. Real do a free handout but I think they're in the minority.
  • ChiAddick said:

Remember they switch games for TangeV only a few weeks beforehand. The weekend games can be from Friday evenings to Sunday evening IIRC.

Good shout.

Bernebau tour was dull compares to Nou Camp. Great stadium though.
    I get the impression the Nou Camp is better. I'll have to do that next season.
  • edited February 2017
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

Never saw any programmes at Atletico. Real do a free handout but I think they're in the minority.
    We got a programme/magazine for Atletico v Levante 16/03/2008. It was A4 sized.