Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ian Holloway on owners

Moved this from the post-match thread

@ForeverAddickted said:

Nothing to do with Charlton but Ian Holloway's comments after his game have really pissed me off.

In response to the Birmingham fans being unhappy with their owner he replied by saying that as the owners actually own the club its their choice as to what they want to do with the club and that the fans have to put up with it.

Said it before but wish these Managers would realise that owners and fans come hand in hand, without the owners they cant earn their lovely wages etc. but without the fans, the owner wont get the income to pay those wages.

i.e. take away the ticket revenue, take away the TV subscriptions and the owners will go because they're not making a profit!!

Comments

• Holloway is just another Rentagob to fuel tomorrow's chip paper. He says little or nothing of substance
  • Holloway is an absolute bell. Was on Sky before talking about our sitution and showed absolutely no sympathy. Bang average manager at best too.
  • And if Roly continues to own our club for the next few years you know we will end with him at some point
  • Holloway always has been and still is a little creep .. that's how he keeps getting decent jobs .. w t f was he doing as a major SkySports pundit, was he there as a joke ? .. proof that you CAN fool some of the people all of the time
  • I wonder what Ian's opinion is on Zola replacing Rowett?
  • Holloway always has been and still is a little creep .. that's how he keeps getting decent jobs .. w t f was he doing as a major SkySports pundit, was he there as a joke ? .. proof that you CAN fool some of the people all of the time

Yep i agree Lincs and along with Dowie they have some real experts there
  • Holloway... Made a career of talking utter garbage. It was amusing for a few months but the act has tired.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Yeah he said something to that effect when covering us on TV. We can at least console ourselves with the fact that nobody really pays attention to a word that attention-seeking idiot says.

Think it was something along the lines that an improved set of results would quell the protests. Absolute bellend.
  • He is a prick, thread closed :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• He has to say that, if it wants a job in football as a manager. Looks at what happen to Curbs when he went against the owners.
  • Holloway angling for the Brum job methinks.
  • I met him a couple of years ago outside Blackpool FC stadium one summer when i was up there for a few days, he chatted to me for about 5 mins and had a laugh about our forth coming visit in that October which we won 2-0...a few days later i bumped into him again walking across a square in lytham, he looked at me and said was i stalking him and had a laugh about it.

I agree his comments about owners is out of place but not many people have the time of day, with suppoerters these days.
  • He has low intelligence and that's probably why he is still in football.
  • Solidgone said:

He has low intelligence and that's probably why he is still in football.

What
  • Laddick01 said:

Holloway is an absolute bell. Was on Sky before talking about our sitution and showed absolutely no sympathy. Bang average manager at best too.

Well he does have a promotion to the Premier League on his CV.
    The downside of that is that he now has a platform for views that were previously always thought batty or amusing.
  • Solidgone said:

He has low intelligence and that's probably why he is still in football.

Well I would swap my intelligence for his bank balance.
  • Gobshite
  • And if Roly continues to own our club for the next few years you know we will end with him at some point

Perish the thought, that was not funny. You have put me off my breakfast!
  • Sponsored links:

• Like owning a house, you can let it decay and smash it about all you like when you are the sole owner. But one day you might want to cash in your chips. At that point you may have wished you were a little more on the ball with your home management.

Club owners, particularly ours, should remember, if it weren't for us fans there would be no club for them to massage their egos with..
  • Hows this fair!!... I post the comment yet its Herr AFKA that gets the "likes"...

Clear signs of a CharltonLife Dictatorship on the way by the looks of things, will each post in the future require a Heil CARD to begin with in the future? ;)