Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who was Dennis McDermott

And why was the young player of the year trophy named after him?

Things you find in a museum.

imageimage

Comments

• The only Dennis McDermott that I have come across is a Dennis Joseph McDermott who died in Greenwich in 1996 which would fit in with the date the trophy was first awarded. This gentleman was the son of Joe and Patience McDermott and as a child lived in Bexley and later became an Accountant. Ring any bells with anyone?
  • The only Dennis McDermott that I have come across is a Dennis Joseph McDermott who died in Greenwich in 1996 which would fit in with the date the trophy was first awarded. This gentleman was the son of Joe and Patience McDermott and as a child lived in Bexley and later became an Accountant. Ring any bells with anyone?

as there is a 'memorial' trophy, it seems you have found him .. RIP if so

Thanks, that would seem very likely to be him.

Would like to find the connection to Charlton.
  • Matthew Lee...I played cricket against him a few years ago
  • Thanks to Tom Morris and Steve Sutherland who confirmed Dennis was a member of the Executive Club at Charlton.

I'll speak to @killerjerrylee to see if there is any mileage in bringing the plate up to date and using it the player of the year do.
  • Thanks to Tom Morris and Steve Sutherland who confirmed Dennis was a member of the Executive Club at Charlton.

I'll speak to @killerjerrylee to see if there is any mileage in bringing the plate up to date and using it the player of the year do.

I did the same thing with the POTY cup, it hadn't been used for about 10 yrs and it was damaged, got it repaired and the missing names put on it.
  • More info via Tom Morris

The entry in prog v Birmingham 20 Nov 96 (Oxford game was 26 Oct 96)