Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Twelve Angry Men

On Film 4 in a few minutes. (On download, legal or not, probably all the time).

One of the best films I've seen.

The Odd Couple TV show with Tony Randall and Jack Klugman paid homage to it in one episode which is worth checking out.

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Twelve Angry Men is fantastic. It's got to be the best single scene film ever.
  • Just started watching it and seen Jack Klugman is in the jury. That may be why they did the homage in his TV show.
  • On Film 4 in a few minutes. (On download, legal or not, probably all the time).

The Odd Couple TV show with Tony Randall and Jack Klugman paid homage to it in one episode which is worth checking out.

Great film, saw the stage show a couple of years ago, with Robert Vaughn and Martin Shaw staring out n it.
    The table that the jury sat round slowly rotated, it took an hour to do the full 360. Then they had the interval.
  • One of my favourite films
  • Yes great film
  • Stig said:

Is it three scenes? Kid in the dock, the main scene and outside at the end in the pouring rain?
  • Simonsen said:

Stig said:

Is it three scenes? Kid in the dock, the main scene and outside at the end in the pouring rain?
    Two of them scenes are absolute crap though - the other one carries it. ;-)
  • edited February 2017
    Was part of managerial course I attended to emphasise the importance of listening to reasoned argument / debate.......... I know what you're all thinking, I clearly never learnt anything :blush: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Just started on Channel 4+1

Strange that, how it kicks in an hour later on 4+1 than on 4.
  • It's on Netflix as well.
  • enjoying this .. I'd forgotten what a very good movie it is .. 'they' just do not make 'em like this any more
  • Oscars night tonight !
  • RedChaser said:

Was part of managerial course I attended to emphasise the importance of listening to reasoned argument / debate.......... I know what you're all thinking, I clearly never learnt anything :blush: .

I've used it as a back drop to management training before - mainly influencing/persuading skills and problem solving/decision making. It lends itself perfectly to it.
  • On Film 4 in a few minutes. (On download, legal or not, probably all the time).

I thought you were talking about the moderators.

Strange that, how it kicks in an hour later on 4+1 than on 4.
    Reminds me of a story my cousin told me about my uncle & aunt in Ireland. They both in 80's and only put the telly on for the RTE news, weather and not much else. Anywhere one evening they were out, when my cousin popped in, whilst she was waiting, she missed her favourite soap, "Fair City" , so watched it on RTE +1. She then turned the telly off, anyway a week later she calls in on them again. Her dad asks her to look at the telly, as all week the 6 o' clock news has been on at 7.
  • Saw this at the theatre 2 years ago with Tom Conti and the late, great Robert Vaughan. Classic play.
  • ...on current trends, typical crowd at The Valley in season 2020-21..
  • Sponsored links:

• Not just a great film but a great director too - Sidney Lumet is fantastic and has made so many great films including Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon and the outstanding Network - but it all started with 12 Angry Men.
  • PC liberal nonsense.

"Bleeding hearts" as said in the script.

Kid was guilty as hell.
  • PC liberal nonsense.

Kid was guilty as hell.

Never took you for a WUM, Henry.
  • One of my favourite films. The alternative Hancock version is also fantastic.
  • bobmunro said:

RedChaser said:

I've used it as a back drop to management training before - mainly influencing/persuading skills and problem solving/decision making. It lends itself perfectly to it.
    It was used when I was studying a diploma in Industrial Management.

"Does no one remember Magna Carts? Did she die in vain?"

I never knew of Hancock's version. I'll have to hunt it down.
  • PC liberal nonsense.

Kid was guilty as hell.

Never took you for a WUM, Henry.
    Satire, dear friend, satire.
  • One of those films that becomes part of the culture.

Also love the Tony Hancock take on it "Does the Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"

"Does no one remember Magna Carts? Did she die in vain?"
    Absolute classic:

I shall not go through the facts of this case again, save to suggest to you there is some element of doubt in this boy's guilt. As Shakespeare said in 'The Merchant Of Vienna', when Portion accused Shylock Holmes of pinching a pound of meat: "The quality of mercy is not strain'd, it droppeth like the gentle rain from heaven, upon the place beneath: it is twice bless'd, twice bless'd, the sign of good - no - it blesseth him that gives, and him that takes." Take the case of Doubting Thomas, who was sent to Coventry for looking through a keyhole at Lady Godiva. Can anybody prove he was looking at her? Can anybody prove it was he who shouted out: "get your hair cut"? Of course not, this is sheer supposition! Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain? Brave Hungarian peasant girl who forced King John to sign the pledge at Runnymede and close the boozers at half past ten! Is all this to be forgotton? My friends, it is not John Harrison Peabody who is on trial here today but the fair name of British justice, and I ask you to send that poor boy back to the loving arms of his poor white-haired old mother a free man! I thank you!