Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton v Newcastle

Comments

• out of interest, why?
  • Big week for Newcastle.

Brighton (1st) away tonight, Huddersfield (3rd) away at the weekend then Reading (5th) away next midweek.
  • Nicholas said:

out of interest, why?

For me

1. Support they gave our protests, returning our support of many years ago.

2. Brighton replacing them in the Prem will annoy the Nigels no end.

3. Chris Houghton is a good guy
    Plus I'd like to see how Dale Stephens copes in the top flight
  • granted they supported the protests, but i've always found Brighton fans to be a bit arsenal like,think there a lot better than they really are and have a very high opinion of themselves. i couldn't really care less whether they go up or not, the only plus is they dont like palace, and would be funny to see the nigels crying, although even that i find an embarassing rivalry.
  • Nicholas said:

out of interest, why?

For me

3 good valid reasons i will go with that
  • Who is Chris Houghton?
  • edited February 2017
    5. My wife and 2 boys are Brighton season ticket holders. Keeps them all happy and I get a quiet life.
  • In general I prefer it if "new" teams gets promoted into the PL rather than the usual suspects. I remember the excitement we had in 1998

• Sponsored links:

• Seeing the biggest club, greatest fans and most loved club in the media world getting beat would be funny

Always liked BHAFC and they're fans
  • They sure are.
  • In general I prefer it if "new" teams gets promoted into the PL rather than the usual suspects. I remember the excitement we had in 1998

Assume you would like Huddersfield to come up too?
  • iaitch said:

In general I prefer it if "new" teams gets promoted into the PL rather than the usual suspects. I remember the excitement we had in 1998

Yes I would... Yet would also like to see Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday getting promotion because for me they're the Premier League clubs from my Youth (i.e. Coventry | Nottingham Forest included)
  • iaitch said:

In general I prefer it if "new" teams gets promoted into the PL rather than the usual suspects. I remember the excitement we had in 1998

Yes, I think it makes it more interesting when at least one of the promoted teams is "new" to the PL and have that first time excitement (which wears off after a few years)
  • iaitch said:

Will be interesting to see if they can continue their winning streak in the top flight having not lost since their League 1 days.
  • On way down to Brighton, not to watch football, but the Kaiser Chiefs. Newcastle fans must be on coaches as trains full of commuters.
  • Really not sure how this game will go.

Brighton have bottled the big occasion in recent seasons.

Should be a good game.
  • Will always like Brighton for the way that they have supported our protests, so I hope that they win tonight and go on to win the title.
  • Will always like Brighton for the way that they have supported our protests, so I hope that they win tonight and go on to win the title.

It would be even sweeter if they were to wave to Palace coming down as they go up.

Won't happen though. Palace will worm their way out of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Brighton have been great to watch under Hughton. I've enjoyed visiting there with us, plus the fans were great when they had to go to that hole Priestfields. Good luck to them.
  • LenGlover said:

Will always like Brighton for the way that they have supported our protests, so I hope that they win tonight and go on to win the title.

It would be even sweeter if they were to wave to Palace coming down as they go up.

Won't happen though. Palace will worm their way out of it.
    I'm still clinging to the hope that Palace will go down. Hull have looked as though they've got enough to survive, as did Leicester last night.
    Palace have looked crap whenever I've seen them on the box.
  • edited February 2017
    Brighton are traditionally bigger bottle jobs than us when the chips are down.

They need straight promotion as they don't have the sand for play offs.

Good luck to em i say!
  • Solidgone said:

Nicholas said:

out of interest, why?

For me

4. Donated to our protest fund.
    5. Classy fans
    6. Professional Chief Exec
    7. Great stadium
    8. Good town
    9. Brighton up, Palace down, allellujah!
  • 1-0 Brighton. Ridiculous penalty decision though
  • edited February 2017
    GLENN.....
  • Muwwwayyy!!!

*seven nation army*

I'm feeling glad all over...

Stop playing goal music you bunch of peados
  • Come on Newcastle.