Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What's the longest you've gone without seeing a win (home or away)?

Yesterday's draw with Oxford means I haven't seen us win away since November 2012 against Bristol City on a Sunday, first season back up in the Championship. Granted I haven't been to many away games since then but my next away game will be Bristol Rovers in November (yes that would be a nice irony if we won). But I thought I would ask what's the longest run any of you have been on without seeing us win? For the record the away games I've been to since the Bristol City are

Brighton April 2013 0-0
Doncaster Jan 2014 3-0 defeat
Leicester March 2014 3-0 defeat
Rotherham Sep 2014 1-1
Cardiff Sep 2015 2-1 defeat
Burnley Dec 2015 4-0 defeat
Bristol City Dec 2015 1-1 draw
Colchester Jan 2016 1-2 defeat
Hull Jan 2016 6-0 defeat
Sheff Wed March 2016 3-0 defeat
Cheltenham August 2016 1-0 defeat
Fleetwood September 2016 2-2
Oxford September 2016 1-1

Now I have been cherry picking, but that's 13 games over 4 years.

Comments

• 26 away games between the win at chelsea in the carling cup in october 2005 and the 2-0 win at colchester in august 2011
  • 26 away games between the win at chelsea in the carling cup in october 2005 and the 2-0 win at colchester in august 2011

That Chelsea win didn't count (according to Jose anyway)!
  • se9addick said:

26 away games between the win at chelsea in the carling cup in october 2005 and the 2-0 win at colchester in august 2011

That Chelsea win didn't count (according to Jose anyway)!
    Jose can stick it, if I am going apeshit at the end of a game, we've won!
  • edited September 2016
    Was thinking about this yesterday. I'm fairly certain mine was Leyton Orient in a 3-1 in August 2010! I'd need to look it up to know how many games I have attended away in that time. I shouldn't imagine it's any more than 15. It's only this season that I've got the away day bug again.

Gillingham is my next away game, so don't go if you want to see us win. (To be honest we won't win regardless if my attending or not).
  • Hate to say it but went 31games outside of London without seeing Charlton score.

Know it was not the question asked but i do not want to repeat that record again.

Before you ask who scored the goal it was Carl Leaburn at LEICESTER 3-1 DEFEAT.
  • I usually go to around 5 away matches a season, and recently seem to manage at least one away win a season

2015/16 I saw the win at Brentford
    2014/15 I saw the wins at Reading and Cardiff
    2013/14 was a blank
    2012/13 I saw the win at Ipswich

So in terms of timing, there was a gap of around 25 months!
  • Seven years I went without seeing us win away from home..

Liverpool 1-0 when Shaun Bartlett scored
    Southend 2-1 when Kyle Reid got a last min winner
  • Seven years I went without seeing us win away from home..

Liverpool 1-0 when Shaun Bartlett scored
    Southend 2-1 when Kyle Reid got a last min winner

Seven years mate blimey where were you Belmarsh
  • edited September 2016
    Last time i've seen us win (home or away) - if you discount Middlesborough last season where i walked out on 70 mins (unlike many ah hem, but anyway) was Wolves at home 20th April 2013 - i have probably seen circa 40 games since then. I have just grown accustomed and used to us not winning - sorta numb to it really.
    When we do win, i dont know how i'll feel-its not something i can remember.
  • Sponsored links:

• My streak is a bit different only see one defeat in 5 last season and so far from 2 games 0 defeats
  • I went from Blackpool in 2014 to Walsall this season without an away win.

Started off with two draws against Brentford/Brighton and led to 12 consecutive away defeats in a row with us conceding 40 goals and scoring 5.
  • Technically haven't seen us win since we won at home to Stevenage on Football for a Fiver day in February 2012 I think it was. Technically only seen two games in that time, home to Millwall and Ipswich in 2014.
  • 19 games early 90's. It was so bad I actually wrote to Lennie Lawrence to say if he paid me a fiver I would not turn up.
  • About ten years. When I got married the wife said I could watch on a Saturday afternoon or play on a Sunday morning, I chose to play.
    She didn't stop me working my bollocks off at all hours during the week, though.
  • Last time i've seen us win (home or away) - if you discount Middlesborough last season where i walked out on 70 mins (unlike many ah hem, but anyway) was Wolves at home 20th April 2013 - i have probably seen circa 40 games since then. I have just grown accustomed and used to us not winning - sorta numb to it really.
    When we do win, i dont know how i'll feel-its not something i can remember.

Add another game to the count. I thought, if any game is going to break the jinx, then its got to be fecking Charlton v Rochdale !!
  • I was at every one of the ten consecutive defeats bridging the end of 89-90 and the start of 90-91.
  • tomorrow will be one year since I last saw us win, the game at Brentford

it will also be exactly one year since I last saw us play
  • If you missed the wrong away game each season during the 1970's you could have done most of that decade. Apart from the promotion year in '75, we were absolutely shocking away from home.